TweakGuides.com BF2 patch REDEUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TweakGuides.com BF2 patch REDEUX

No way in High-hell will I be buying the expansion, if it doesn't play well now, there's no way it'll play well then... All these fixes they boasted about in 1.03, where are they? 140 Fixes, I can count the fixes in the Changelog on my fingers and toes.

Cripes I still have drop off and my rig's Medium to High settings, I have a Great connection 5MegsDown/1.5MegsUp and still get drop offs or lock ups.

I understand upgrade to keep up with the Jones but my computers less than a Year old and I can run HL2 on Higher settings or any of its Online games and have less problems than BF2... Yeah, yeah I know two different game but if the standards are higher or HL2 w/physics and distructible environments and I get no drop off or issues in gameplay... which would you play?
    FEAR is visually stunning and has no problems running, Hell Doom3 ran fine for me in MP on Medium.

Just a shame I have to dumb down my computer to run a game online just to keep it running and it still has drop offs or lockups...

I run Adaware programs, defrag, run cleandisc, virus scans, shut off stuff running in the back round thru' msconfig, allocate RAM to run BF2 and run in lower resolutions and settings basically striping the game clean and running it back to BF1942 style-looking settings. I for one won't be buying the Expansion.

They'd need to seriously fix my problems now before I'd purchase it... Yeah, Yeah I know upgrade *See above.

Hell Call of Duty is Older and its a Resource Pig and it runs better.

FIX THE NETCODE Issues and graphical glitches!

I could careless if things are destructible such as street signs and boxes or fencing... Take it out if this is what's causing the problems. I'd have rather seen a new helicopter or a jeep than a fence I can destroy or perhaps a way to alter your appearance (BF:V?)

Anyways... *End rant

Comment

Mr. Tweakguides is full of sh*t.

The game is not "half-finished". Quess what genious we have compiled code that runs on our machines. Do you have any idea what "half-finished" software looks like?

It's a shame forum crying has managed to escape the forum realm. Be helpful to the community, or leave the community. If you hate this game so much why are you still here 2 months after the release date?!?!

What's the bug list Tweakguides? And why do you feel vindicated whining in a public forum rather than approaching the developer?

Comment

Originally posted by nimski

What's the bug list Tweakguides? And why do you feel vindicated whining in a public forum rather than approaching the developer?
        If you bothered to read his post, you'd realize hes arguing that going to the devs does NOTHING to help your cause.

You are in a fantasy world if you think BF2 is bug free. Sure, its fully coded, but it's more of a "rough draft" of a game than it is a fully polished product.

Random crashes without any kind of error message, the program continuing to run after I've told it to stop, my machine restarting during play, a server browser that still is not fully functional, stuttering during gameplay on a high end machine, and so forth. And this is on a freshly formatted box.

We are still here because it's a fun game to play, if you can set aside the annoyances. And he's not whining, he's putting out a call to action.

Comment

Do I understand it right that the BF2 Expansion is more or less a mod? A mod that costs money because it has been made by the devs of BF2?
          If this is correct... Try me EA... It would be awsome if a mod like DC would come out before the release of the expansion pack, and make it look really crappy
          I feel sorry for all EA developers, coders, mappers, and modelers. Because they are being surpressed by a big corporation and cannot complete the game to fit their own taste and standards.
          Well the last group of devs at EA left that company after making MoH, because they were treated like trash, then went out, and created a game called CoD, which imho was a lot better then MoH.

I am for sure not going to spend more money on a mod called "Expansion"...
          EA is doing the exact same BS that Novalogic did to the DeltaForce series a couple years ago... There was no future for this company. We all know what happened then. Coincidence?

Comment

The game is not "half-finished". Quess what genious we have compiled code that runs on our machines. Do you have any idea what "half-finished" software looks like?

It's a shame forum crying has managed to escape the forum realm. Be helpful to the community, or leave the community. If you hate this game so much why are you still here 2 months after the release date?!?!

You sir, are a fool. I can compile some code and it can run fine, even if it has a complex algorithm to add 2 + 2 and gives me 15 as the answer. Does that still constitute "finished" to you?

Forum crying my foot. This is a legitimate, straight-forward article about REAL problems with the game. And be helpful to the community? Quite frankly, this article offers the best idea to help the community than any of the other complaint threads in this forum. It's a logically minded and organized plan (boycotting the expansion) and if people with some common sense and willpower follow it, it IS a powerful tool. Approaching the developer won't help any, you'd just be another statistic to them, get an automated reply, and they haven't considered your opinion in the least. Just as a headshot is the weakest spot on a soldier in BF2, the wallet is EA's weakspot, and with Special Forces we have a perfectly good chance to show them the community is VERY upset with how we have been treated. So either further the ideas and YOU help the community, or stop hindering those that wish to do so and just don't bother replying.

Comment

For those of you who still can't fathom why it's justified for gamers (consumers) to complain about a shoddy game (product), here's a simple metaphor:

You buy a new car and within weeks things start going wrong - the CD player fails, the windows stop working, and you can't drive it for more than 10 minutes without the engine dying.

What would you do? Not whine? Suck it up and "learn to drive the car you have"?

I thought so. Now shut up.

Comment

what a pointless whingeing post

good thread though, that bloke has the right idea about not buying SF.

Comment

I sure as hell am not buying SF until i have heard what i fixes (if anything).

Comment

I'm not buying the expansion because if I wanted to play a cqc game, I'd get CS.

The solution presented by this guy sounds simple, unfortunately it is gonna be as successful as the emails about boycotting gas for one day.

Comment

Working...
                    X