Question about SinglePlayer options..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SinglePlayer options..

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and I brought a couple questions with me.

I am wondering why I can't select Wake in the SP mode. Is there anyway I can unlock it or enable it via edits in the files? It does seem rather ridiculous that DICE wouldn't add an extra line of code to make this map selectable.

Also is there anyway to unlock the weapons in SP? Sometimes I don't feel like playing online and just want to brush up on some skills and I can't do that with the default weapons.

Thanks,

Re: Question about SinglePlayer options..

It takes more than an "extra line" of code to make a map work with bots.

The map itself has to be designed with a whole lot of what are known as "nodes", waypoints and paths that dictate where the AI will move and how they will act and react in certain locations. Some maps could very well have tens of thousands of nodes to make bots act skilled enough to take cover, use vehicles properly and even accomplish unique tasks.

Wake Island does not have nodes. Essentially node-less.

No, one cannot access the alternate weapons in singleplayer. There are means, but no one has yet used them.

Comment

There was a long thread about how to get unlocks in SP but here's a mod to do it: http://www.excentriker.de/bf2/excent...ed-weapons.zip

There are some expanded maps available for SP/coop but maps which have no bot info at all (Kubra/Mashtuur/Wake and any user-made maps) won't be playable until EA releases the AI modding tools and someone adds the bot info.

Comment

Originally posted by intox21
        Hi all, I'm new to the forums and I brought a couple questions with me.

I am wondering why I can't select Wake in the SP mode. Is there anyway I can unlock it or enable it via edits in the files? It does seem rather ridiculous that DICE wouldn't add an extra line of code to make this map selectable.

Also is there anyway to unlock the weapons in SP? Sometimes I don't feel like playing online and just want to brush up on some skills and I can't do that with the default weapons.

Thanks,
        Hmmm, I can see Wake in SP mode. However, when I select it and it tries to load the 16 player map it starts and gets about 45-65% then CTD. Anyone else having this issue?

Comment

Wake doesnt appear in SP menu.

Comment

Working...
          X