Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to get the game to start!

Heyas...

From the time I first bought the game I've had a problem getting it to startup. I put in the cd and if it doesn't run really really fast then it doesn't work....

The steps I take:

1.) Stick in the cd and wait for the menu to appear
    2.) Select Play battlefield 2 or play online
    3.) The main battlefield 2 half screen logo appears.
    4.) I wait....
    5.) During this time if my cd player isn't making alot of noise, know that the logo will always stay there and I have to end the bf2.exe process and do this all over again...

I close down all programs, end almost all processes with my username on them...(Not system, network ones)

So...Well Why does it do this :cry:

I don't think my laptops that slow!

Any ideas?!?

Re: Hard to get the game to start!

Your laptop is slow, despite what you think.

Comment

Well I don't think that that's the problem... I play with everything on medium + a few extra effects great with good fps. But of course it's a bit better on low but then it looks bad....

Ya think my laptop's really the problem? I know it has low GHz but that's because it's a pentium m...It works much faster with games. Maybe not with with teh Ghz speed but all in all equivilent to something like 2.6GHz?

Or maybe im totally mistaken

Edit: I did a google search...And my pentium m 1.86 is equivalent to a 3.348 pentium 4?

Comment

Statement withdrawn then.

Comment

Not quite that high. I have a Pentium M 1.7Ghz and it preforms like a P4 2.6 or so. Yours should perform like a 2.8-3.0Ghz.

At anyrate, the X300 Mobility is probably not a supported card. Try downloading new video drivers. To learn how to properly install these visit the hardware forum and view the sticky at the top on Graphics Cards and Utilities.

Comment

Well my drivers are very new... Omega 2.6.53

I'm not so sure if my x300 is on the "official supported cards list" but.... I think it is

Comment

Working...
            X