oc'ing and warranties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oc'ing and warranties?

if i OC my video card, does it void the warranty with nvidia. also i have a "gold" warranty with compusa, such as if anything goes wrong with my comp they fix it (ie. virus, any probs really.), but do u guys think it will void my warranty with compusa if i oc my vid card?

Re: oc'ing and warranties?

If they can determine that you OCed your card, they will not honor the warranty. However, it can be difficult to tell if a card has been abused in that way or not.

Comment

Yes, it does void the warrenty. You're the one risking your hardware, so it falls under damage caused by the end user. It can be very hard to tell if that's what caused it to break sometimes, though. However, if you just barely overclock it and it breaks, sometimes that can be caused by faulty hardware to begin with.

Just be careful with it. Don't do anything that causes you to have tons of artifacts, and it should be fine.

Comment

It voids the warranty, so that sux. But unless your vid card was already broken in some way, you should be able to overclock without killing the card.

Comment

Working...
        X