saitek cyborg evo ?'s setups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saitek cyborg evo ?'s setups?

I am about to go get me one cause i am really enjoying flying lately.

Anyone got any tips on how to set it up?

Or will this work well? http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...light=joystick

Re: saitek cyborg evo ?'s setups?

use button 5 as after burners ( its the one at the top left)
    use button 6 as Flares ( top right )
    Use the hat switch to select weapons.

Thats about the only custom configs i have, twist and such are standard

Comment

thanks, i tried to get one this afternoon but no one had them.Best buy stoped carring them. Dunno? guess ill order one online

Comment

I just got the force feed back evo does bf2 support the effects?

best buy clearance reg evo to 24.99, store i went to had four left!

Also, frys selling bf2 for 34.99 today

Comment

saitek x45 or 52.

Comment

I have had my evo since the day they was released and it still is the best joystick I have bought, do as Nemisis says with the buttons mine is setup simular and works a treat for flying the planes and helos in most games I have tryed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaDDeh
              I have had my evo since the day they was released and it still is the best joystick I have bought, do as Nemisis says with the buttons mine is setup simular and works a treat for flying the planes and helos in most games I have tryed.

Cool deal. so you pretty much plug it in and go? Sounds great to me.Just ordered it from newegg since i couldnt get it localy

Comment

Re: saitek cyborg evo....Try a Logitec Instead

Hello,
                I can't speak for anyone else, but I have found the Saitek sticks very problamatic to get to work right. I had a Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold that I tried on BF 42......never got it to work right. I finally decided after about a year of going without a flight stick I had had enough and I was going to explore other options.
                After reading and doing a lot of research on the web I finally decided to give the Logitec Extreme 3D Pro a try. I purchased it a a local store so I could return it if it didn't work.

I'm pleased to report to you that it works right with none of the setup issues associated with the Saitek products. I think if you do some research you will discover that Saitek doesn't do a very good job on driver support........they make a robust flight stick, but getting it to work can be a lot of trouble. In the end you may get it to work, but it will involve doing a lot of tweaking of the flight setup files in BF. Now I'm speaking of my trouble with BF 42, there may be no trouble with BF2.

I have had zero issues or setup problems with the Logitec Extreme 3d Pro in BF2 and will give it a outstanding recommendation to anyone considering the purchase of a flight stick.

If you would like to do a little research, take a look around the Saitek website versus the Logitech website and you will find that there are pre setup profiles for most any game you can imagine on the logitech site as compared to very few for the Saitek.

Again this is simply my opinion, I'm not trying to start any trouble with any Saitek fans.

Regards
                Greg

Comment

Any where I can get a Profile for the Saitek Evo to use in BF2?

Comment

Hello,
                    That's the problem I've had with the Saitek sticks, there is in my opinion very poor support for the profiles you are asking for.

In my experience Logitec does a better job with driver/profile support.

I do hope you can find the file you are asking for.

Regards,
                    Greg

Comment

Ok, after you saying about the support and stuff i will do some research now. I'd rather get something localy just in case it isnt what i need.If i order the evo online, ill have to go though a big ordeal to send it back.

I just read alot on some forums, and all i saw was people talking about the saitek stick. So i asumed it was the best for the game.

Comment

I have the Logitech Extreme 3d pro and cannot get it to work with profiles on thier website. <DP>ControlFreak do you mind sharing with me how to get them to work. All they have is the profile for Battlefield 1942. I have loaded the in my Logitech profiler and they don.t work.

Comment

Working...
                        X