The prefix **IS** saved (read here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The prefix **IS** saved (read here)

Well all of us know or most of us know that it was said that the BF2 Nickname prefix is not saved and all of us thought that we will have to re-type it every single time, well this is not the case. I dont think its saved as in typed in the space but its saved somewhere.

If you login to your account with a prefix lets say > BF2 and then you login and then decide to quit its saved.
    The next time u login to BF2 u dont have to put anything in the prefix space and if u login the prefix will be there.

How do i know?

Because i tested it out mulitple times and one day i forgot to put in the prefix and it still showed up.

BTW the prefix is saved for all accounts that are listed. So if u want to login under a different prefix on a different account then type in the new one.

Just letting you guys know if u didnt already

Re: The prefix **IS** saved (read here)

i do know this, bu my question is, how to you make it so you don't have a prefix anymore, besieds deleting your account and recovering, and im not sure that works either

Comment

hmm not sure but ill try some stuff out and see if its possible and ill post the resultss later

Comment

Go to "My Documents/Battlefield 2/Profiles/Global.con" and delete the "GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix" line. Should work.

Comment

Err, I don't know where you've been recently Coderedpl but there was never any doubt that the prefix stayed. In fact there have been loads of threads from people asking how to get rid of it once it's been entered once.

Comment

I know this sounds odd, but I retyped the prefix and hit deleted it (using backspace) and the prefix disappeared in game. But the .con file fix will work just as well, if you are comfortable with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
              Err, I don't know where you've been recently Coderedpl but there was never any doubt that the prefix stayed. In fact there have been loads of threads from people asking how to get rid of it once it's been entered once.
              iive known it sine the patch came out but i just posted it now for others that dont know

Comment

In the global.con file in BF2 profiles, in my documents folder, there is a line that says "userprefix: ""." Put whatever you want in between the quotes, or remove it so there isn't any.

Comment

To take a prefix away do the following:

When you are the log in screen move your cursor to the prfix box.

Hold Shift and press the | or \ key.

Comment

Working...
                  X