Worried about expansion ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about expansion ranks

Well we see that 2nd Lt. is acquireable. So in the expansion we know definately that officer ranks will be added. The question is....how high?

Are we going to see a bunch of five star general infantrymen running about?

Re: Worried about expansion ranks

possible... i mean why not? if people keep playing and racing through the ranks, they will have to keep adding them i would think. the more ranks, the more people will want to keep playing.

Comment

Are we going to see a bunch of five star general infantrymen running about?[/quote]

I hope so

Comment

Originally posted by BattleChimp
        Even though 2nd Lt. is around, there are a ton of other ranks to go before 5 star general. Let's not forget about Captains, Majors, the massive number of Colonel ranks, and plenty of others.

And trust me, considering how many Sergeant ranks there are, they're going to use every possible military rank possible. It's still going to be quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleChimp
          I'd be more than happy to put a cap in a five-star general with my sniper rifle.

Comment

yeah and by the end of next Year will see some ppl with "President of the USA" or "Dictator of the MEC" Ranks or WTF?????

And whats about those ppl who just dont give a f*** about the Add On and wouldnt even buy it in their worst dreams? Wil we stay behind like some retardet CS Kiddies?

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoticPikachu
              .And trust me, considering how many Sergeant ranks there are, they're going to use every possible military rank possible. It's still going to be quite some time.
              Here's an idea that EA and Dice didn't think about......why not have Air Force, Navy, and Army rankings? Take the first hour or two that the person plays, determine what they do most (fly, fight on land, on water (only if they would have brought out the ships like DC and BF1942 had...bummer)) and then assign them a rank tree to climb. It would kinda made things more interesting.

Comment

they didnt even put sergeant first class in : also theres a few warrant officer ranks before 2nd Lieutenant

Comment

I still wonder what one is going to do with all these ranks.

My primary motivation were the Unlocks (now i have them all).
                  So i dunno how long i will keep playing BF2 besides the competative stuff.

id really like to see other kinds of unlocks, not only class specific weapons.

For example better kevlar for all armored classes.
                  a better Pistol for all classes (maybe a desert eagle or even an MP7)
                  Singleserving portable Stingers for engineers or ATs.
                  something like that.

Or "chain unlocks" for a class.. for example, the first Assault unlock would be the G3, if you unlock it a second time you get a G36-E etc, and so on..you get my point.

Comment

They use USMC ranks. So that means another 9 ranks.

5 star general? lol where do you guys come up with these ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by SL4Y3R
                      they didnt even put sergeant first class in : also theres a few warrant officer ranks before 2nd Lieutenant
                      The ranks in game are USMC, US Army, Sgt. First Class = USMC, Gunnery Sgt. So yes it is in game. Also Americans don't have Warrent Officer ranks, the resflective ranks of theirs and ours compared just work out as Master Sgt. upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by =LAF=Pilioka
                        They use USMC ranks. So that means another 9 ranks.

5 star general? lol where do you guys come up with these ranks.
                        There are 5 star generals, but only in war time. They are:

General of the Army for the army
                        Fleet Admiral for coast guard/ Navy
                        and General of Airforce for the AF

the marines dont seem to have one for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptic-Chief
                          Here's an idea that EA and Dice didn't think about......why not have Air Force, Navy, and Army rankings? Take the first hour or two that the person plays, determine what they do most (fly, fight on land, on water (only if they would have brought out the ships like DC and BF1942 had...bummer)) and then assign them a rank tree to climb. It would kinda made things more interesting.
                          I like this idea. maybe an option to choose what branch youd like to play on. Your unlocks you could used would be determined by what branch you are playing and what rank you have on that branch. maybe a way to implement new weapons, saving space.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbay82
                            There are 5 star generals, but only in war time. They are:

General of the Army for the army
                            Fleet Admiral for coast guard/ Navy
                            and General of Airforce for the AF

the marines dont seem to have one for some reason.
                            The 5 star ranks haven't been used since WW2, and probably will never be used again. Basically it gave commander's in the field unrestricted authority over their subordinates, like a CINC in the field. With the communications abilities now the rank is no longer needed, as field commanders can talk directly with their HQ or the Pentagon. Here are the only 5 stars in the history of the US military.

The Army's Five-Star Generals:

General George C. Marshall

General Douglas MacArthur

General Dwight D. Eisenhower

General Omar N. Bradley

The Navy's Five-Star Fleet Admirals:

Admiral William D. Leahy

Admiral Ernest J. King

Admiral Chester Nimitz

Admiral William F. "Bull" Halsey

The Air Force Five-Star General:

General Henry "Hap" Arnold --Note: General Arnold actually was awarded this rank twice. In 1944, he received his fifth star while the air force was still part of the Army. It was then known as the U.S. Army Air Corps. After the Air Force separated from the Army, he became the new service's only Five-Star General.

Comment

All the branches of the US military except the Air Force have Warrant Officer ranks, but those are given to specialized personel like chopper pilots.

Comment

Working...
                              X