No announcement yet.

Help! Could someone check this for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Could someone check this for me?

I installed the patch on Monday, October 3. Since that date the only map that I have been able to play is Wake Island. Evertime I try to log into a server with a different map, or the server I am on switches from Wake Island to a different map I recieve the following message:

Game Message:

This server only allows players with modified content to join. Revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join.

Note:
    1. I have same version only checked.
    2. I have the rank only checked.
    3. I tried logging on with the Same Mod checked and unchecked. Same results.

I have now installed the patch 3 times. Same results.

Could someone please check this for me. When in the main menu of the game, there will appear a number in the top right of the screen, which I assume means the version number. My number reads as:

What does your number say? I assume this means v. 1.02 or version 2 and not version 3. However, I have all of the patch functions avaliable when I play on Wake Island, so I now the patch I installed did something. I downloaded the patch from Filefront.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

SPARTACUS

Re: Help! Could someone check this for me?

that happened to me. reinstall battlefield 2 and it will work

Comment

That is the only way? Do I have to reinstall the previous 2 patches or not?

Comment

Reinslall

Comment

its the only way that worked for me...it will only take like 10min. just install the last patch v1.03

Comment

Originally posted by SPARTACUS
            I installed the patch on Monday, October 3. Since that date the only map that I have been able to play is Wake Island. Evertime I try to log into a server with a different map, or the server I am on switches from Wake Island to a different map I recieve the following message:

Game Message:

This server only allows players with modified content to join. Revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join.

Note:
            1. I have same version only checked.
            2. I have the rank only checked.
            3. I tried logging on with the Same Mod checked and unchecked. Same results.

I have now installed the patch 3 times. Same results.

Could someone please check this for me. When in the main menu of the game, there will appear a number in the top right of the screen, which I assume means the version number. My number reads as:

What does your number say? I assume this means v. 1.02 or version 2 and not version 3. However, I have all of the patch functions avaliable when I play on Wake Island, so I now the patch I installed did something. I downloaded the patch from Filefront.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

SPARTACUS
            same problem here, guess im gonna have to reinstall what a pain in the @$$. Is there any way that I can keep my rebinded keys settings? file or something?

Comment

Thank you deadly_shadow. I just reinstalled and it worked just fine. Usapatriot, when you uninstall, there will be an option as you uninstall to keep you profile settings. Follow the instructions and you account names nor key bindings will be deleted. Everything was the same for me when I logged back on. It works!

Thanks again deadly_shadow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SPARTACUS

Mine reads the same version number as yours and everything works fine. I also downloaded it from FileFront.

I would try a clean install and patching if I was you, it wouldn't hurt to clean out all your temporary files and delete any BF2 related folders/files after you uninstall it and before you re-install it.

Comment

U will be asked after u have uninstalled the game if u want to keep ur profiles and screenshots (and something else that i cant remember). If u keep ur profiles, their key settings will still be there too.

Comment

Reinstall.

Comment

Reinstall Battlefield 2 and then restart and install the 1.03 patch. Don't install the other patches that came before 1.03 (I think they conflict with the new patch and cause problems to occur such as you are experiencing).

Comment

Working...
                      X