You have a connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have a connection problem

I assumed that this message was the way BF2 tells you that you lag, but I was told by my friends that they don't get this message. It's not a real big deal, but it does get frustrating to see this message pop up on me every now and then when I fly helicopters, resulting in me crashing very frequently. So I was wondering, is there a way to reduce the amount of times I get this message? I've tried putting my settings on all low, but that didn't seem to work too well. Also, I'm on a wireless connection.

Thanks!

Re: You have a connection problem

I get this too, and i'm not on wireless, i'm on high speed DSL

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

I'm on wireless and I get this msg too. I've just turn off my wireless router and I plug direct from my modem to my comp. I've yet to try it cause I took time off from work just to make that adjustment, will keep you updated. I've got another problem which I post in another tread and that is I am unable to enter a server if I type in the IP address, they tell my I have a connection problem

Comment

Have u guys read the dozens of threads covering this kind of issues/ probs.? Take a little time and check em out.

Greets.

Comment

Theres like a dozen or more threads covering this. Yet no solution to the problem.

Comment

Clear cache, update PB, check ur ISPs connection for line conditions, re-install game+patch, clear/ check ur background applics., look for virus and malware, ur vid / audio defenitions and drivers....
              All checked and ok?
              Post ur rig.

Comment

A clanmate of mine was getting these errors constantly with his new system. 64 bit with a 9800 pro. Nothing he tweaked stopped the issue...

You may find this one hard to believe but once he upgraded from 1 gig of ram to 2 gigs of ram the message went away. Now, you explain that one to me.

Comment

I doubt this would be it, but could your pc hae been lagging then that causing it to somehow get outta time with the server causing the connection problem.. ?

Comment

i get this to but it just kick's me and i get a message .your conection has been lost.wtf

Comment

it just kick's me and i get a message .your conection has been lost.
                      Me too... It stops for about 10-15 seconds then i get kicked..

Comment

Originally posted by Blak_Pheonix_MB
                        Me too... It stops for about 10-15 seconds then i get kicked..

glad it's not just me then i only have 1 meg broadband is that anything to do with it. dont no nothing about what's in my cp

Comment

I don tthink its the connection speed, as i have cable and most of the time my ping is under 50. It also happens at random times.. but i have no idea why...

dont no nothing about what's in my cp.
                          Haha, and i was just going 2 ask... lol...

Comment

Operating System (Get Updates) Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/EasyInfo/images/icongood.bmp[/IMG]Windows XPSystem Memory512.3[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/EasyInfo/images/icongood.bmp[/IMG]512.0Processor Speed2024.8[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/EasyInfo/images/icongood.bmp[/IMG]1700 Mhz (1.7 GHz)DirectX Version (Get Updates) 9.0c[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/EasyInfo/images/icongood.bmp[/IMG]9.0cDisplay Device (Get Drivers) RADEON 9600 SERIES [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/EasyInfo/images/iconinfo.bmp[/IMG]Display Memory256.0[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/EasyInfo/images/icongood.bmp[/IMG]128.0Display Driver6.14.10.6512[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/EasyInfo/images/iconinfo.bmp[/IMG]Sound Device (Get Drivers) Realtek AC97 Audio[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/EasyInfo/images/icongood.bmp[/IMG]Sound Driver5.10.5870
                            this any help

Comment

Thats a similar rig to mine, but i have 1Gb of ram and a 9550 256 MB... so i wonder whats making it have these connection problems...

Comment

Working...
                              X