Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally black guns in BF2!! drives me nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally black guns in BF2!! drives me nuts!

It's very hard to explain, but it happens quite often. I'll be playing BF2 fine, but then my gun will flash in between normal looking and totally black w/ some parts missing (same goes for if I'm in a tank, the texture of the tank in FPV will be black).

Then after flashing, it will using stay black. IT is extremely annoying and I've also tried omega drivers and they made it worse IMO. I am using 5.9's now.

Would any vid settings help that from stopping?

SPECS:
    AMD xp 2000+
    1gb PC3200 RAM
    ati 9600se

I am running on medium cept shadows and such, 800x600. Runs perfectly smooth, which I know is odd for I have a low end PC.

Re: Totally black guns in BF2!! drives me nuts!

try bumping your settings to all low and see what happens.

Comment

Re: Totally black guns in BF2!! drives me nuts!

This sounds like driver curruption.

Download ATI Catalyst drivers v5.9 from www.ati.com/support/ (DO NOT INSTALL)

Download DriverCleanerPro from www.drivercleaner.net. (INSTALL NOW)

Boot Windows into Safe Mode (F9 repeatedly on start of computer until a menu will come up, choose regular safe mode).

Run DriverCleaner Pro, and do an ATI cleaning. Once it is done, reboot the machine. Let Windows start normally.

Ignore the hardware pop up. Install the drivers you downloaded from ATI. Restart the machine when prompted.

Upon next start. Clear your BF2 Cache in "C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache" where USER_NAME is your Windows account name.

Start the game and reset your video settings to Low/Medium (for your card). Start the game, let it optimize the shaders. Try messing with graphics settings until the FPS gets high enough for yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X