Using F-15 LGB's without a co-pilot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using F-15 LGB's without a co-pilot.

Well, if you are flying near a flag, have dropped your bombs but want to keep killing, you can fly straight towards your target, either get slow and dive a bit, you can switch to F2 position, and the plane will fly dead level, giving you the ability to shoot LGB's.

IMO, it's easier to shoot LGB's this way than with a pilot flying. I know because i've had tonnes of pilots who circle bomb, don't set you up and don't care about you.

The only real worry is enemy planes.

Re: Using F-15 LGB's without a co-pilot.

good idea mate.

I hate being in a plane with a pilot who forgets i'm there. When ever I am flying and have a copilot, I always give him pick of the targets by flying level and slow. If he misses and I know I can make the bomb run i'll do it but if not i'll swing back round again.

Comment

I tried that a few time, really good actually, the planes still flies level if you change to 2nd position, giving u ability to know stuff out.

Comment

How long will the plane keep flying with you in the gunner seat?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyNoobtron
          How long will the plane keep flying with you in the gunner seat?
          if ya dont switch back and turn, it will keep going untill your out of bounds and it kills ya

Comment

It will fly untill it crashes or you die for being out of bounds.

Comment

yea, i do this with the su-34 also- to take out arty and uav, and scanners.

Comment

Similar to the Cobra seat-switch trick in BFV - fly around normally until you see a plane or other helicopter, switch to gunner seat and fire the AA missiles, then switch back.

Comment

I'll try that. ONe more way for me to die most likely but what the heck.

Comment

Actually, it's resonably easy to do that if you have some practice. SHooting the gun is hard (I'd only bother on MEC with that cannon, and no friendlys), just blazing away at the ground. You can do resonably okay with the TV Guides, you aim to the left and point nose down a bit, switch and fire.

Comment

i used to do this with the f14 in dc....

Comment

stop taking the planes just so you noobs can fly low and slow, that annoys me so much. A good pilot will take the bomber high up and come down at targets at a 45 degree angle giving you and himself good shots. the only thing you're gonna accomplish by flying low and slow is get yourself shotdown.

Comment

Not likely. Most pilots don't give a crap about the gunner, and most noobs don't give a crap about being a gunner if they don't get to fly. Considering how much anything that is'nt mobile AA or Essex sucks, I could probably fly right over an enemy stinger and hit it with LGB's and not get hit back.

Comment

Originally posted by SL4Y3R
                            i used to do this with the f14 in dc....
                            same here i used to own at this..

Comment

Working...
                            X