Game will not lauch, drops out to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game will not lauch, drops out to desktop

Hi guys, basically when i try to run the bf2 retail it launches and then screen flickers black for few seconds and then it returns me back to the desktop. I haven't got a clue what could be wrong with it. it happen to me with the demo version.

My PC Specs are:
    CPU: 2.0 GHz AMD Athlon
    RAM: 512MB (had to remove 256mb stick coz it was causing problems with the installation while md5 checksum was performing)
    Video: GeForce 4 Ti 4200 AGPx8
    HHD: 80GB

Please help guys.

Re: Game will not lauch, drops out to desktop

Dude i have no answer to that but how are you gonna play on a geforce4 they arent supported by the game even.

Comment

Well i hoped may be some one has an answer on how to play the game with geforce 4. I would appritiate any suggestions please.

and for EA i think they are gay that they only restricted their game to sertaint graphics cards, this will mean i need to buy a new graphics card which is **** because my current graphics card is still ok.

Comment

Originally posted by silent25
        Well i hoped may be some one has an answer on how to play the game with geforce 4. I would appritiate any suggestions please.

and for EA i think they are gay that they only restricted their game to sertaint graphics cards, this will mean i need to buy a new graphics card which is **** because my current graphics card is still ok.
        your card is over 5 years old. that's 4 generations behind current technology.

if you want to play a next-gen game, you have to get a next-gen card. or at least last gen.

there are ways to get it RUNNING, but it looks awful and it's unplayable.

spent $150 and get a 6600GT.

Comment

Working...
        X