• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basic Knife badge tips

That's a wacky avatar bbob.

Comment

The easy whatever way- knife/pistol server

The wow I got the knife badge way- knife noobs!

Comment

Re: Basic Knife badge tips - how I got it

I wanted to share my experience with those who are trying to get that badge. Most of the stuff can be found in various other threads, but here's how I did that:

Map: Strike on Karkand - choice is quite obvious urban map, lots of infantry fighting. Also, the fog around and dark shadows help being stealthy.

Class: Spec Ops - they have no body armor, but thanks to that can run longer distances, besides G36C is my favourite weapon.

Side: MEC, I guess you can get it as Americans, but being MEC seems easier.

Server: 32 man server with about 15 peps at the start, but later it filled to almost full.

Method: In general, try to ambush people, approach them from behind. I do not recommend running with the knife out, as this will give you lots of frustration when you meet enemies who are to far to get them before they shoot you. Basically, try to use the map, hide in dark places and watch any movement. Also, avoid capping flags! Instead, try to stay around enemy flags where soldiers are likely to spawn. Then either kill them just after the spawn or follow them and use the knife in the right moment.

I started by the flag closest to American spawn, but had little luck as the game started before I joined and we lost the flag quite soon. However, once we retook it this flag it is good for knife stabs. What I did was run from the spawn to a little area surrounded by the fence - Americans often run there, as it is the closest way to the flag or the roof overlooking it. I stayed behind a corner and waited. When an American soldier came by I waited in the shadow, then followed him and stabbed.

Then I moved to the second flag (I think it's called Hotel). I managed to get 2 or 3 stabs there by getting Americans who were hiding in the bushes and capping the flag or when I was recapping the flag I got 1 who spawned just in front of me.

However, I had the highest number of knife kills by the flag called Market (I think). It's the flag closest to the bridge flag. I found that the best circumstances are when this flag is American. I spawned by the bridge, run towards the Market flag, but not try to cap it. Instead, I run by that high wall, into the tight passage between the wall and the buildings. If you are lucky you can surprise someone who is on the mounted MG there or on the TOW missle. In general, most players, regardless of the side, spawn there facing the flag. Thus, if you wait by the wall they spawn in front of you not being able to notice you. Most players stay idle for a couple of seconds just after spawn, you can use this time to make the move. I find this tactic fair because it is a cappable flag, so it's not baseraping of any kind.

The last two kills I got when we (MEC) retook the Market flag. Some Americans came to take it and I got both with 2 awesome dolphin dives.

Finally, a little tip. I noticed that when you approach an enemy player and he sees you from a veyr close distance (less than 5 meters), quite often he will hesitate to start shooting at you, as (I guess) he for a split second may consider you as a teammate cause you did not shoot them. Use this time to make the final move and stab the sucker. Of course, it's more likely with less experienced players, but it can be done.

Comment

I had a very similar experience as Yellow(PL).

Karkand server, started with 10 players on each side. By the time i got my 7 kills i looked at the player list and both sides had 32 players. I was on the US side as spec ops(you need sprint!).

Trying to get this badge was a pain, i just ran around with my knife out hoping that someone would just fall on my knife. Stupid as it sounds, it actually got me 1-2 kills a round in my early tries. But i learned a lot from doing that. In the beginning of karkand when everyone is doing that front alley dance, you will have the most opportunities for kills. Instead of just running headlong down the alley and into certain death, go on the road(provided there is no armor there) and sneak back behind where the "front line" is. This works better if you're the US side, but you can still do it on MEC. Most people will be looking down the alley towards the enemy, this is the perfect time for their heads to get acquainted with your knife.

Also, try medic camping. If you see a dead enemy, try and find cover if it's quiet and wait for a medic to come rez him. BAM! 2 easy knife kills.

Comment

thanks for the tips

Comment

The way I got mine, basicaly went onto a Kirand server, and played MEC, waited around corners, was extremly agressive. For some reason people freak out when your within relative close proximity and running at them with a knife...they freak out and they cant aim, which all works to your advantage.

Id recomend a small map with many people, the likely ness for getting it will increase greatly!

Good luck

Comment

go play strike at karkand then go to the respaw point as soon they appear kill them and you might get basic knife badge

Comment

keep on trying, only good tip there is, I had lots of problems getting it to, but once I said to myself, I am now going for it and won't quit untill I get it, after 15-20 in a karkand round I got my badge , got killed a lot (15 - 20 times) but I have the badge, and it felth good to see the badge apear in the screen

Comment

i must agree with rombaft knifing for beginners who dont knife much is mainly luck, but developes into a skill. try running diagnal toward people so its harder to be hit, try jumping as well. knifing badge can be easy and it is nice to recieve. good luck everyone that trys to get it.

Comment

Leave it to a 4-poster to revive a 2 year old thread.

Nice job.

Comment

Dont revive old threads >__<

Comment

Just hide near an enemy flag without capping it, learn the spawnpoints and sneak behind enemy's backs when they spawn.

Comment

city maps are the best for knifing

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
                              Just hide near an enemy flag without capping it, learn the spawnpoints and sneak behind enemy's backs when they spawn.
                              That's called spawncamping, thought Bf2 RoE doesn't deny it some servers have that rule and no-one likes it except the killer himself

Comment

Working...
                              X