Basic Knife badge tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Knife badge tips

Before you start, I *have* used the search function. Using the search function is very good at finding more threads with people saying "use the search function" but very limited in actual help - something sadly I feel like the BF2 community in general is getting, largely due to the sheer amount of flaming and whining going on.

Anyway. Onto the point. I would like to get this badge before I hit 50 knife kills but I am having a lot of trouble. Usually on every 5 maps or so I get at least one, usually two and sometimes three knife kills. THAT is easy, you can simply find the snipers lying around to do it. However, getting beyond that is proving very very hard indeed and I can't think of any reliable way that doesn't involve me running around with my knife out getting shot all the time. Not good for me or my team.

So any general tips from those who won theirs (legit only pls) or even some hard won insight would be appreciated.

Re: Basic Knife badge tips

Just let it happen. Don't run around with your knife out.

Simply choose your battles. If you see ANYBODY prone (not just snipers) and they haven't spotted you yet because you are in their periphery, get out your knife, jump and prone onto them and begin stabbing.

If you see an enemy running ahead of you trying to be stealthy, follow him with your gun out. If he turns around and spots you, shoot him. If he hides or stops at a corner, get out your knife, jump, dive, stab.

Don't waste your ammo if you don't have to

BUT...don't run around with your knife out. You'll only get frustrated.

Also...don't get all mad when the round ends and you were 1 knife kill away. Just enjoy the game and ALWAYS play it that way choosing your knife battles. I do...the knife badges will just come.

Sometimes you get REAL lucky like I did last night and I came across 3 snipers all prone side by side...stab..stab..stab.

Comment

Just play on any server where I am a sniper. I get knifed so much you will probably get expert in one round.

Comment

Also, dolphin dive if your in front of someone, even if they spotted you, that uses a slow or inaccurate weapon. For instance, if a sniper spotted you and he doesn't change to pistol, jump and prone to him a bunch of times and just make it so it's really tough to hit you. Then you'll get the knife kill easily.

Comment

sorry to be a newb then but what's dolphin diving?
          and cheers for the answers, v good food for thought!

Comment

It's when you jump forward and go prone really quick, making you paper thin. Cheap tactic, but with a knife, it still gives the other guy a chance.

Comment

Just a quick point, if you've got your knife lined up, have managed to sneak up right behind and the target turns around suddenly, don't run about after him waving the knife about - you'll look like a wally right up to the point where you get shot. As Talus says, pull out a gun and shoot him instead. I'd estimate that I get a knife-noob attacking me about once every three or four rounds and it's easy enough to stay just out of knife range while blasting away (spray & pray then run away).

Comment

General rules of thumb -

If you want to get the knife badge, you'll pretty much be forced to have your knife out the entire round (unless it's a 64 player map). Don't even try to score points, just go for your knife kills.

When you actually knife someone, try to stab a second late. Typically people stab too early and rely on the animation to hit someone, which is incorrect. The actual "stab" occurs directly as you click the fire button, so make sure you have contact before clicking.

On that note, never "swing" your mouse around to stab. Keep it steady. You'll only hit what you initially have your crosshairs over, not what you think your knife is slashing it.

Your best kit for knifing is either medic or a kit with bodyarmor. Most people prefer medic for self-healing and extra sprint duration. However I prefer bodyarmor simply because you'll most likely get shot up while attempting the shank. Bodyarmor helps you live long enough to get the kill before you die.

Never try to run headfirst into an enemy. If they're not AFK, you'll be shot up to hell. Instead always use side-trails and try your best to flank. The unsuspecting target is the only real viable target for easy knife kills.

Your easiest targets are Anti-tank (with submachine guns) and snipers. Anti-tank is simple if you catch them lining up to shoot at a friendly armor. Just run behind them and stab.

When you sneak up behind an unsuspecting enemy, always walk. They'll still hear you, but not as loudly as if you were to run. Take any advantage.

Snipers are probably the easiest. WALK behind them, go prone and stab. If they hear you coming, they'll either...

A) Try to scope-shoot you with their rifle. This is the best thing that could happen for you, since they're extremely likely to miss, and even if they hit they can't kill you unless you're previously wounded, or it's a headshot. While they're aiming, they're not moving, so just run up and shank.

B) Pull out their pistol and unload. Rough, but you can get out on top if they're too eager and you're good at dodging. Keep your crosshairs steady on them, make sure you're walking/crouching/prone when you make the stab.

C) Drop claymores. Probably the deadliest sniper you'll face, since he'll try to either kill himself or get you to walk into his claymore. Either way its bad business. Thankfully hardly any snipers do this.

D) Pull out their knife. Knife fight! Fun for the whole family. Tricks to being a successful knife fighter are -
                1. Never be the aggressor. The enemy will typically rush at you and swing. If you both do the same thing, you're almost 99% guaranteed to miss. Instead, wait for them to come, BACK away walking and stab as they step into your crosshairs.
                2. A good trick is to go prone when you stab, especially if your enemy is running around swinging. While prone you can't get stabbed unless the enemy is prone/crouching, so you'll never get hit.

Last and not least, don't PANIC. If you miss your shank, stay calm and try to land it in again. If they start to fire at you, dodge and try to get close enough (dolphin diving works well) to shank. NEVER EVER randomly stab and swing your mouse. You'll die, and you'll make a fool of yourself as well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

If you can't get the basic knife badge, i mean, 7 kills with a knife is easy. Just one run down behind an enemy squad, they respawn, you kill, get them confused. Be sniper so the skin wont get recognized.

The expert badge was hard to get though i admit.

Comment

Getting knife kills is easy if you already know how. For most people who never pulled out their knife before this patch (aka FIRST SERGEANT ZOMG), it'll probably be as frustrating as it was for me.

Comment

there's already a knife thread.. keep loking ....

Comment

Find a knife and pistol only server....i have my expert badge now

Comment

So who knows of a good pistol and knife only server? I have looked and looked but have yet to find one. Never mind the badge, that would just be plain fun to do every now and then. Anyone know the address of a good one they can share?

Comment

if u play one of those EA will erase ur stats completely... i saw 1 runnin earlier tough

Comment

The knife is far superior to all the other weapons in closecombat, be sharp, suspect every corner to have an enemy camping at the other side.

Comment

Working...
                              X