Nice read about EA from an EA spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice read about EA from an EA spouse

check this blog, its about EA and how they treat their people...

a very interesting read, and it might explain the bugs a bit

My significant other works for Electronic Arts, and I'm what you might call a disgruntled spouse. EA's bright and shiny new corporate trademark is "Challenge Everything." Where this applies is not exactly clear. Churning out one licensed football game after another doesn't sound like challenging…

Re: Nice read about EA from an EA spouse

Originally posted by busterpunker
    check this blog, its about EA and how they treat their people...

a very interesting read, and it might explain the bugs a bit

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/274.html
    Shocking !!!!

Comment

Man thats harsh real harsh.., i know im an idealist but why o why cant companies bring out quality products anymore rather than it all been about the money
      It said in the article that there are MANY MANY very talented programmers out there who wish to just produce an excellent product.

It seems that the money train just seems to stifle the creative process and rip the end user off then move on bah talk about "the borg" lol

Comment

Yeah nothing new indeed...

In my opinion the moment a company goes to the stockmarket it starts going downhill.

Making a nice profitable revenue is not enough to please share holders.

It has to keep going up, up, up.....

There will always be a certain point in time when the growth of the sales-figures cannot match the growth-figures of the previous year. And before long the financial managers, consultants etc crawl out of the ground to start cutting costs...

Comment

Too old jesus.

Comment

Cause they are working on way too many crappy games like NFL Football and at the same time BF2. Screw sports and work on the important one!

Comment

Well, having read that, and having worked for a software house in the past that had a similar disregard for its staff when it came to meeting ridiculously greedy profit forecasts, I'm afraid I'm going to have to reluctanctly boycott any future EA products (including the expansion pack).

Comment

If you hate EA...

Comment

that is not good. This is a far too common practise among major bussiness unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by gunner.b0b
                    Man thats harsh real harsh.., i know im an idealist but why o why cant companies bring out quality products anymore rather than it all been about the money
                    It said in the article that there are MANY MANY very talented programmers out there who wish to just produce an excellent product.

It seems that the money train just seems to stifle the creative process and rip the end user off then move on bah talk about "the borg" lol
                    I just wish they supported BF2 as much as they do their other games,
                    i.e. Madden 2006.. if they get a bug or glitch in Madden, that shizzle
                    is fixed PRONTO.... not 3 months later.

Comment

The Madden franchise is their flagship product though. When a company stretches itself as far as EA does, it's bound to neglect certain audiences. For example, if you don't play the Sims or Madden, you're pretty much ****led.

Comment

Working...
                      X