Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 5 hours, BF2 1.03 works. This is how.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 5 hours, BF2 1.03 works. This is how.

Kozzmozz7 is one person I have to give credit to for a lot of this post. Maybe even all of it. I was having trouble with 1.03. It installed fine, then I went in and got the invalid CD key thing. I tried patching again and it failed. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't work. It went on for a while and then fail. At this point I realized that it was eating up a crap load of HD space. I went from 1GB+ free on D: to less than 200MB post-patch. So I realized there is a direct proportion to all this patching failed crap. when my HD ran out of space it would fail. Now I had to figure out why it was eating up the space. This was when I came across Kozzmozz7's pos about his fix. I did a full uninstall, deleted my BF2 directory in D:Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield 2, did a reinstall of BF2, and then did nothing! If you are following this, read the next steps carefully!
    1. I started up the patch and waited for the select language screen to arrive.
    2. I opened task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and went to processes.
    3. I looked for the two BF2 processes (IDK why there are two, there just are) and I ended the one that is at ~2000 K mem usage. NOT the other one, NOT the process tree, just that one process.
    4. I continued the patching (keep in mind this is directly after the uninstall/reinstall and with plenty of HD space)
    5. I waited a very long time, maybe 20 minutes, I don't remember exactly, but it was long.
    6. It eventually came up saying the patch had been installed successfully. (Not the thing where it says patching failed and THEN rings you to a window that says "patching successful, press 'finish' to exit", it says it is successgul right off the bat.)
    7. I enjoyed a nice game of Wake Island in which i ranked up 3 times and then went to bed because it was almost midnight and I had school the next day.

I hope this helps somebody. Anybody. If you are helped, please respond to let people know this method works. If it didn't help and you went through all the same crap as me before reading this, only to have your hopes dashed after trying this, please post so we can start working on anew ethod that works for you.

Re: After 5 hours, BF2 1.03 works. This is how.

ok i'm having a problem. i had the game with the 1.01, 1.02 patch and tryed to patch it. now the 1.03 was running and it said "patching now" or what eva. i then went to bed and when i got up hours later it was still the same. so i tryed it again and the same thing. can anyone help. i've tryed downloading the patch twice now but the second time i got an "instilation shield error" why is my game doing this. i did a compleat reinstal but befor i cleaned the registry and the folders. but still no change.

Comment

Working...
    X