Message From EA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message From EA

Since I got the patch, every time I log in I get a message from EA. Ive opened it, used it, closed it and it still pops up every time i log in. How do i make it go away!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Message From EA

yes... that annoys me too

Comment

As of right now, I don't think you can get it to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Acufeezle
        Since I got the patch, every time I log in I get a message from EA. Ive opened it, used it, closed it and it still pops up every time i log in. How do i make it go away!!!!!!!!!!
        It's especially annoying because:
        1. You cannot view the "message" from within BF2
        2. Nothing tracks whether you've viewed the message already
        3. When you do go to the website to view the message, the "news" is nearly a week old!!
        I think this is probably an incomplete feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Dasharatha
          I think this is probably an incomplete feature.
          The entire game is one big imcomplete feature.

I really love the new issues with CD keys and Windows User Accounts.

Amazing how well EA's stupidity prevails even months after the release. It's like their making a concerted effort to fsck things up as much as possible.

What a collection of morons.

Comment

Originally posted by delta.David_Webb
            The entire game is one big imcomplete feature.

I really love the new issues with CD keys and Windows User Accounts.

Amazing how well EA's stupidity prevails even months after the release. It's like their making a concerted effort to fsck things up as much as possible.

What a collection of morons.
            Watch out man, the retards might get on here and blame you, citing their working version. Cuz if it works for them there is nothing wrong with it

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred
              Watch out man, the retards might get on here and blame you, citing their working version. Cuz if it works for them there is nothing wrong with it
              Dude the game works perfectly fine for me, there can't POSSIBLY be anything wrong with it. It's gotta be your fault for screwing up the game.

Comment

I actually got the picture in the message screen to show up. You have to do several installs, the first of which you exit out of the ~2000kb Bf2 process once you get to the language choice, then you install it without doing that 1-2 times and it should work 100%... until tomorrow.

Comment

the pop up screen is also stopping the All Seeing Eye from working. Still a nice feature but you should be able to choose to open the pop up. It should not appear when BF2 Loads, a better solution would be a flashing icon 'EA News' or something telling you EA has something to say :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fluffydice
                    the pop up screen is also stopping the All Seeing Eye from working. Still a nice feature but you should be able to choose to open the pop up. It should not appear when BF2 Loads, a better solution would be a flashing icon 'EA News' or something telling you EA has something to say :-)
                    I agree that the current message notification is totally lame, however I don't think that in itself is preventing ASE from working; I think that is due to the fact that v1.03 no longer supports command line inputs.

The admins at ASE suggest we communicate our disappointment directly to the source:

(DICE) info@dice.se -or- info@dicecanada.com
                    (EA Games) eagamesonline@ea.com

http://ase.staticservers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154

Comment

Both ASE and Xfire are now working with unofficial modifs. Check out the 'general' forum for the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dasharatha
                        I agree that the current message notification is totally lame, however I don't think that in itself is preventing ASE from working; I think that is due to the fact that v1.03 no longer supports command line inputs.

The admins at ASE suggest we communicate our disappointment directly to the source:

(DICE) info@dice.se -or- info@dicecanada.com
                        (EA Games) eagamesonline@ea.com

http://ase.staticservers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154

No no...ASE works with v1.03. You just have to edit the filters.txt or make a custom game config.

They actually ADDED the ability to log into your GameSpy BF2 account from the command line...that seems to be what caused the problem.

I made a post in the ASE forums based on the fix that was provided here on these forums.

Comment

EA hates you, end of story.

Comment

Dice hates you.

Comment

Working...
                            X