Server Filters No Longer Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Filters No Longer Work

Yes, I know we're all sick of whinging threads but I do think this is a proper problem.

I have no problems with BF2 in general and I think it is a fantastic game but not being able to filter search on the servers as I was able to do before can be quite annoying.

For instance if I search for "EA" to bring up exclusively the EA servers it just returns a blank screen even though there were EA servers in the list.

Since EA employees are rumoured to read this board I though I'd mention it. And I started a new thread because I believe this problem is worthy of its own thread rather than being buried somewhere amongst all the "They've made it to easy" and my "G3 is crap" type of posts.

Re: Server Filters No Longer Work

uncheck the "large maps/medium maps/small maps" boxes.

Comment

I have always had the Large map option checked - when I tried to check the others I ran into this problem - no servers showed up. If I left large checked - it showed small, med, and large. Guess it is glitched for how you had it pre-patch.

Comment

I wrote a message about a similar problem but no one really cared. It disappeared within minutes.

If you have Same Version selected and type in a map name in the map field it will not return any results. If you uncheck Same Version it will filter fine, with a few exceptions. Dragon Valley won't show up if you type in Dragon. It will show up if you just type in d, but so will any other map that has a d in it.

They really didn't put any testing into this feature that many people use.

Comment

Yeah, I have problems with this too. I always search for "comcast" or "ea us" and now it doesn't return any results. Plus, once I do the search, I can't clear it out and get a non-filtered list. I have to switch to the singleplayer menu and back. I did notice, it seems like if you change any of the checkboxes, then apply a filter, it works. I've just been checking/unchecking the "password protected" checkbox so I can get my filters to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dethleffs
            uncheck the "large maps/medium maps/small maps" boxes.
            Thanks very much for that info.

Comment

Thanks to all of you, you've been very helpfull.

Comment

a bigger problem i have is i have to click a spawn icon about 5 times for it to actually select sometimes that doesnt work and i have to reopen the spawn location screen and frantcially clikc a point just to select it

Comment

No longer? I dont think they ever worked properly. I filter to get 'not full' servers yet I get many full servers. Same for the map sizes.

Comment

I noticed it is case-sensitive. 'ea' wouldn't work for me, but 'EA' did.

Comment

Working...
                    X