VOIP Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP Help Please!

I can't get it to work for the life of me anymore. It's not my mic, it works fine in TS and sound recorder and VOIP worked perfectly well before the patch. In game, and in audio options I just can't get any sound out of it. During the audio options mic test it sounds as though it comes on for a split second but then I get nothing. I'm a big user of VOIP to the point that the game is hardly worth while playing for me without it.

Does anyone have any ideas for how I can correct this?

Thank you,

M

VOIP Help Please!

I have changed the thread title as to not attract a dozen replies to a problem you have already fixed (The CD key)

Moved to Client support forum.

Comment

Re: VOIP Help Please!

Ok, thanks.

Comment

What kind of audio hardware are you using? My cousin has an issue with Realtek as it will only work for a very short time and he can't hear others talking once it stops transmitting. He also has to have EAX off to get it to work at all. You may want to check that out.

Comment

Regarding the VOIP: Go to where you installed Battlefield2 (Program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2), find and double click "BF2VoiceSetup". Follow the setup prcedure and you should be good to go.

Hopefully this helps

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I apprecaite it.

I use SoundMax audio stuff - it worked perfectly before the patch. I can still hear others using VOIP but I can't talk. I tried turning EAX off but it also made no difference.

I tried the BF2VoiceSetup. Ran the utility - worked well and saved the settings. Went back into the BF2 audio settings and tested the mic - same problem. :cry:

Comment

You might wanna try this:

Type DXDIAG in start menu>run. Go to the sound tab, and set your Hardware acceleration all the way to the left(Basic acceleration).

Comment

Thanks for the replies - here's the solution.

So simple! The threshold slider is now buggy and cuts off any sound if it is set higher than the sound that is inputed when you either push to talk or activate the mike test. Set the threshold bar to zero and you'll be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                X