Patching BF2 on a partition question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patching BF2 on a partition question

Okay, I'm at a loss here. I have my hard drive partitioned between my Windows XP installation (a 6 GB partition) and the rest of my stuff, which includes BF2 and all my other games. Now, the 1.02 patch installed just fine with this setup, but the 1.03 patch will not install. It gives me the message, "Cannot install because you don't have enough free space; you need 1.6 GB". Well ... I don't *have* 1.6 GB of free space on my C drive; it's partitioned to be able to hold Windows XP, and that's about it. I couldn't free up the amount of space it needs without uninstalling Windows, and what good would that do me then?

So my question to you guys is, do you know any way around this? Is there a way I can change the setup so that it recognizes I have BF2 installed on my D drive, which has a quite adequate 30 GB of free space to use?

Re: Patching BF2 on a partition question

I am in the same boat you are. Very frustrating indeed. It's outrageous that the installer forces temporary file extraction to drive C and only drive C. I was finally able to apply the patch after I freed a lot of space on my drive C partition. If future patches are any larger, I won't be so lucky since I barely had enough free space this time.

My swap file is on D: as well as my environment TEMP folder setting. This is a huge pain in the ass for folks who don't have one giant partition. If the #$*&@(*# installer would just use the TEMP folders as defined, no problem.

I would like to see this issue resolved, DICE.

Comment

Working...
    X