X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.03 patch made my cd-key invalid

response from ea:

Greetings Jimmy,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

This usually indicates an error in the Windows registry after a game patch is installed. To resolve this, you will need to enter your CD key again using a Utility called Battlefield 2_code.exe.

Please follow the steps below:
    1. Double Click My Computer.
    2. Double Click the C: drive.
    3. Double Click the Program Files folder.
    4. Double Click the EA Games folder.
    5. Double Click the Battlefield 2 folder.
    6. Double Click the Support folder.
    7. Double Click the file called 'Battlefield 2_code'.
    8. Enter your CD key into the boxes provided and click 'Next'.
    NOTE: Disregard the error about the image not loading on the left hand side.

This should insert your CD key into your registry again and you should be able to join a Multiplayer game without this error any longer.

If the error does continue, please reply with your EA.com Account name (if the game was registered) and the Serial Number you are using to connect online so we can look into the situation. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you,

Ankit Sharma
    Electronic Arts Online Support!

Comment

Originally posted by onejediknight
      response from ea:

Greetings Jimmy,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

This usually indicates an error in the Windows registry after a game patch is installed. To resolve this, you will need to enter your CD key again using a Utility called Battlefield 2_code.exe.

Please follow the steps below:
      1. Double Click My Computer.
      2. Double Click the C: drive.
      3. Double Click the Program Files folder.
      4. Double Click the EA Games folder.
      5. Double Click the Battlefield 2 folder.
      6. Double Click the Support folder.
      7. Double Click the file called 'Battlefield 2_code'.
      8. Enter your CD key into the boxes provided and click 'Next'.
      NOTE: Disregard the error about the image not loading on the left hand side.

This should insert your CD key into your registry again and you should be able to join a Multiplayer game without this error any longer.

If the error does continue, please reply with your EA.com Account name (if the game was registered) and the Serial Number you are using to connect online so we can look into the situation. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you,

Ankit Sharma
      Electronic Arts Online Support!
      Doh, still doesn't work! Man, this is really frustrating me now!!

Comment

yeah i know i am ****ed

Comment

jus for infos sake what Os do you run?

Comment

Talked to a person at ea. I own a DVD version of the game, while my roommate has the cd version. His update went fine. Apparently Ea screwed up on the release of this patch. It is only stable for the cd games. They are working on a seperate patch for the dvd games.

Comment

I own the DVD version as well. My game patched just fine. Played all last night without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by onejediknight
                Talked to a person at ea. I own a DVD version of the game, while my roommate has the cd version. His update went fine. Apparently Ea screwed up on the release of this patch. It is only stable for the cd games. They are working on a seperate patch for the dvd games.
                Please give us your source on this info. My DVD version and countless others is working just fine...

Comment

Have you got a contact for dice then. From what I can tell, they have 2 offices. 1 in canada and 1 in Switzerland. I called the ea tech number in the manual.. option 1 then option 7. That is what one guy told me. Of course you have some "GREAT" techs and a lot of not so great techs. I think that was a not so great tech. I did notice I can log into the EA OFFICAL servers fine. Those and just a hand full of others....but the majority is a CD KEY INVALID.

Comment

Originally posted by gunner.b0b
                    jus for infos sake what Os do you run?
                    xp athlon 2800 1.5 g ram 240g harddrive ATI x800xt video card

Comment

Working...
                    X