X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parachute won't open!

Originally posted by Mr_C
    ***Flawless way to open a parachute***

1- Wait until you are free-falling,(your gun will disappear from the screen)
    2- Press "9" 1 time only!! (every other key push will ; close, open, close, open etc... the parachute)
    3- Don't bump a structure while going down or your parachute will automatically close.

Number 2 is inaccurate. I tried this several times while free falling for 20 seconds.

To the original poster. It just might be a keyboard issue. If you have extra keys on your mouse, try binding a parachute to one of those. Worked better for me. I have mine binded to like mouse 4.

Comment

Great idea! I'll give that one a whirl.

Comment

Works fine, and I only need to press it once.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_C
          ***Flawless way to open a parachute***

1- Wait until you are free-falling,(your gun will disappear from the screen)
          2- Press "9" 1 time only!! (every other key push will ; close, open, close, open etc... the parachute)
          3- Don't bump a structure while going down or your parachute will automatically close.
          Title to this post is perfect. If you do bump something (e.g. Kubra Dam) sometimes you can open it again and at least only hurt yourself instead of kill yourself.

Comment

Im convinced my para has a mind of its own...I have even mapped it to a button on my keyboard the size of a dinner plate but smetimes it does'ne work:|: Probably my own fault tho as the suddeen need for my chute is often unexpected, followed by me hammering 'the' button unsuccessfully.:laugh:

Comment

I press it once it opens, closes and i fall to my death

Comment

I tied the parachute to the 'Mouse 4' button (MS Intellimouse Explorer USB 3.0) and it still don't open!
                I'm about to resign myself to if I jump, I die! lol

Comment

I think his problem is not that he isnt high enough or bumps a wall or something, but rather the new bug in 1.03.

The "low-alt" basejumps have always been buggy... sometimes this thing just wont open itself, even from heights where you definetly know it does/should. (for example the walls in Sharqi, or the building betweeen the first and second MEC flag on Karkand)

I have two clanmates who report serious(!), issues with the parachute since 1.03.

Ig. they Jump from top of the TV station or a Plane/chopper (so far enough height), but their parachute either doesnt open, or it immediatly closes after it opened, so they have to hammer the parachute key, and hope it will "re-"activate in the right moment... the moment in which they land..

Totally sucks... also it looks very jerky.
                  (During the jump from the TV station, it opens and closes itself 5 times before they land)

Comment

my parachute never closes again it always stays open

Comment

What's a good setting for the parachute button to use instead of '9'? I HATE it when it's dark in my room and I press '0' or '8' like a tard.

Comment

Ripcord Whack-a-mole Ribbon - For hitting every key on the keyboard except the parachute key.

Idiot Awards are up: http://www.bf2idiots.com/

Comment

I've changed my button to the 'back' button on my mouse.
                          'Mouse 3'?
                          Works most of the time, now.

Comment

Seems a little harsh, Pard....

Comment

there's a minimum chute deployment height.. make sure u're jumping from a high enough height..

press 9 repeatedly after chute opened and stop immediately or chute will close.

Comment

something new happened to me with the chute...I parachuted out of a chopper, since it was a crappy transport anyway and I was being shot at. I was really high up, so as I get to about 150 ft or so, I deploy the chute so i can float to a somewhat distant flag. After about 5 seconds, I noticed my chute was no longer deployed and I slammed right into the ground! WTF! lol. I had not run into any buildings or anything, I was higher than the buildings themselves! anyway, just tought i would share this weird annoying experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X