Fast roping: a good idea now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast roping: a good idea now?

I recall reading that fast roping from helis was once a feature that was supposed to be in the game, but was removed because it was not very useful, or something.

Now, in 1.03, a whole group of guys cannot CP from a helicopter though...they have to get out. But often there isn't room to land, and the pilot doesn't want to hover way up high and be exposed. Consequently, you might not be able to jump out without taking some damage if you aren't quite high enough to open your chute.

How cool would that be to see a bunch of guys repel/fast rope out of a hovering heli and take a CP?

Re: Fast roping: a good idea now?

Originally posted by Warthog
    I recall reading that fast roping from helis was once a feature that was supposed to be in the game, but was removed because it was not very useful, or something.

Now, in 1.03, a whole group of guys cannot CP from a helicopter though...they have to get out. But often there isn't room to land, and the pilot doesn't want to hover way up high and be exposed. Consequently, you might not be able to jump out without taking some damage if you aren't quite high enough to open your chute.

How cool would that be to see a bunch of guys repel/fast rope out of a hovering heli and take a CP?
    Well I might be incorrect but I believe they are going to introduce fast roping in the upcoming special forces expansion pack. I dunno if adding the expansion pack will enable fast roping in all maps. It would probably only work in the sp forces maps.

Comment

It would be cool but the developers said before that they scrapped the idea because it would cause too much lag or something. They experimented with it at one time but said it would not work well in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by StalkerZERO
        Well I might be incorrect but I believe they are going to introduce fast roping in the upcoming special forces expansion pack. I dunno if adding the expansion pack will enable fast roping in all maps. It would probably only work in the sp forces maps.
        Ah...I hadn't been keeping up with news on the EP at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Warthog
          Ah...I hadn't been keeping up with news on the EP at all.
          Mind you I'm not entirely sure they are going to add it in the expansion pack. I do know however they are adding ziplines. That way you can use a zipline launcher like batman and climb on top any object or building regardless if it has a ladder or not.
          Now snipers can be anywhereeee!! :|:

Comment

I do believe EA and Dice will have to introduce some sort of upgrade in the Battlefield 2 material to include this, due to the changes you mentioned because it is quite impractical to land a blackhawk in a hot landing zone and hovering 30 feet above the ground will only get your troops killed when they bail out to find there wasn't enough time to pull their chutes. Fast roping would also allow a pilot to drop off snipers and at troops on rooftops once thought to be inaccessable, adding a whole new level to the gameplay.

Comment

StalkerZERO I just noticed your sig. Man, I so ready for that game to come out. I have been waiting on that thing for about 2 years now to come out. What is amazing is that they had ingame footage 2 years ago and it's still not out.

Comment

Originally posted by dnoe91
                StalkerZERO I just noticed your sig. Man, I so ready for that game to come out. I have been waiting on that thing for about 2 years now to come out. What is amazing is that they had ingame footage 2 years ago and it's still not out.
                Ya man. Its taking them forever! I have a feeling those russian programmers bit off more than they can chew. They are running into alot of problems. There was talk of them not even bothering with multiplayer and making it a sp game only.
                Its all up in the air now.

Comment

Working...
                X