This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A New Message From EA"

Everytime I log onto BF2 I get this message and when I open it I get a dead link. This has only happened since I dl the latest patch. What do I need to do?

Re: "A New Message From EA"

Just click close and go about your business. The window is for MOTD's and the like, apparently they have nothing to say today.

Comment

Well .. not only is a completely void window pretty confusing in terms of suability but there is also no way to get around this stupid dialog. Every time you login you need to close that one ... smart move.

Talking about usability: The username prefix, why in Gods name is that stupid textfield at the login dialog. It has NOTHING to do with the login process. It should be somewhere at preferences/general or maybe at the multiplayer tab. ... and for crying out loud WHY THE FOCK DOESNT IT SAVE ITS SETTING?!

Comment

Originally posted by Drevor
        Well .. not only is a completely void window pretty confusing in terms of suability but there is also no way to get around this stupid dialog. Every time you login you need to close that one ... smart move.

Talking about usability: The username prefix, why in Gods name is that stupid textfield at the login dialog. It has NOTHING to do with the login process. It should be somewhere at preferences/general or maybe at the multiplayer tab. ... and for crying out loud WHY THE FOCK DOESNT IT SAVE ITS SETTING?!
        They didn't expect people to spend more than a few rounds of playing on one clan.:cry:

Comment

I am having a problem with the new message window due to the fact that I use Gamespy and Xfire to connect to servers. For those that use the two applications know, all you do is double click on the server you want, the game loads, and you then select your account once in the game.

From this point BF2 would usually start to connect to the server that I selected from Gamespy or Xfire, but now the stupid message from EA pops up and is preventing me to connect.

MotherBoard Type: ASUS
          32bit or 64 Bit: 32bit
          Operating System: Windows P4
          32bit or 64 Bit: 32bit
          Video Card: ATI All-In-Wonder 9600
          Driver Version: current
          Sound Card: SoundMax Digital Audio
          Driver Version: current
          RAM: 2GB
          Model and Speed: PNY PC-3200
          DVD Model:n/a
          CD Model:n/a
          Install Path: C:/Program Files/EA

Comment

It does save status, it just defaults to blank incase you want to enter something different...

Comment

Working...
            X