Patch 1.03 - invalid CDKEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.03 - invalid CDKEY

I just installed 1.03 patch. Found a server running Wake island 2007 but when I try and connect i get invalid CD key! i will try and put my CD key in again with a key changer.

And before you ask, i have the original game.

Re: Patch 1.03 - invalid CDKEY

i'v got the same problem!

Comment

Did you do the following like me,

Install a copy of BF2 and use it to play single player until your orginal copy came in the post or bought it in the shop. Then use a keychanger to put in your orginal key to play online?

It could be that they have encrypted the key or it can tell if it has been changed even if you are using a 'bought key'

I think we might need to reinstall

Comment

I'd do a clean install without workarounds. Then patch to 1.03.

Comment

The only copy of the game ever installed on my computer (except for the demo) is the one Im using now...payed for in the store...and havent had this problem on the other patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Fokkifokki
            The only copy of the game ever installed on my computer (except for the demo) is the one Im using now...payed for in the store...and havent had this problem on the other patches.
            I am installing it again, i'll post if it works or not

Comment

Yes its working now, see ya all on the battlefield :-)

Comment

Good job. Congrats and I can't wait to get home now. Are there very many servers available? Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

Comment

great same here for me, original game and now i get this cd-key is invalid hhmm reinstalling it now

Comment

Do you meen to reinstall the patch or the game?

Comment

I uninstalled BF2, reinstalled, and patched it straight with 1.03. now it just crashes to desktop right after the huge BF2 logo comes up...

Comment

Wierd...
                        Install the 1.02 first and then 1.03 that maybe work

BTW it worket when I installed the 1.03 patch again.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sealinear
                          Do you meen to reinstall the patch or the game?
                          I uninstalled the whole game and choose to keep profiles. Then i did a reinstall and went straight to 1.03. Just played Wake Island 2007, nice and smooth gameplay

Going to rename my video files so the game loads faster

Comment

Originally posted by lcplsickoll
                            Good job. Congrats and I can't wait to get home now. Are there very many servers available? Yes, I'm a hypocrite.
                            The All Seeing Eyes does not seem to work but i think there is a post on that.
                            I just set a filter for Wake Island 2007 and found lots of servers. I must say i normally go for servers in Scandinavia but this server had a ping of over 100 and the game ran very smoothly, so my first impressions of 1.03 are very good.
                            I could swear that there are new sounds for the Abraham's and jeeps

Have fun

Comment

I have the same problem as you shafik. First uninstalled, delete everything that has to do with BF2 on harddisk and registry. Then install original game -> patch 1.03 -> Crash to desktop. Now, when I installed, ran the games in 1.00, then patched, I got in...but still CD-key issue.

Btw...fluffydice...did the patch work for you when you doubleclicked it? Or did you get the "patching failed" error?

Comment

Working...
                              X