Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RELEASE] Paqur City Centre BETA

FINALLY! LOL

ok, after much hassle with filefront my map is uploaded and ready for you all!

Paqur City Centre features 16, 32, and 64 player variations, from small block-to-block fighting to covering the entire city centre.

The level is designed for 64 player use, and although I have created 16 and 32 player versions, there just not the same!

story :
    Moving in from the South West, the US forces have setup a small strategic command post a few blocks from the processing plant. The MEC are heavily dug into the plant, which is there main source of processed food for the army. The US is looking to take control of this plant, and strike a sever blow into the MEC supplies.

Why this is a BETA :
    first and foremost, this is my first level, and I have no idea how its going to go! (I mean how it will play, I know it works fine!)
    secondly, I am trying to fix up the Minimap. The minimap that is included with the map was created with the editor, unfortunately 80% of the buildings are not visible on the map, only there shadows. although it works, I really dont like it, so I am trying to work out how to fix this issue!

Now because this is in beta, please feel free to make any suggestions on changes/additions/revisions and after I am happy enough people have played and commented, I will tweak the level using the suggestions you have made for me!

DOWNLOAD HERE :
    WOLFSEYE has graciously hosted my map at ACT OF WAR, and you can download it here

http://www.act-of-war.de/aow/download.php?view.3667

or you can download it from Filefront here

http://hosted.filefront.com/Templargfx/1422256
    (just click on PaqurCityCentreBETA11.zip)
    I have updated the level to fix the Ticket Bleeding issue, and the missing undergrowth files

if you have already downloaded PaqurCityCentre.zip please download the BETA_TO_BETA11.ZIP file from the link above.
    NOTE : To use this file, you need to know how to add files to zip files.
    read the README.TXT for more information.

this should work fine! however, please tell me if theres "issues" (lord knows I've had enough with filefront) and I will get right on it!

SOME SCREENSHOTS

Re: [RELEASE] Paqur City Centre BETA

Quite interesting, I am going to try it out

Comment

can you just click on view files and click the file, then scroll down and say apply and copy the link to downlaod it here?

Comment

uh, WHAT! lol

this is what the link it gave me looked like, I doubt this will work for anyone

http://download.filefront.com/420889...e08ba3b235ec6f

Comment

yes thats da one

Comment

There was a problem with ticket bleeding on the level. so I have uploaded the fixed version in the form of PaqurCityCentreBETA11.zip

if you downloaded the PaqurCityCentreBETA.zip, and dont want to download the whole thing again, goto the link in the first post, and download the file BETA_TO_BETA11.zip

within this zip file are 2 directories, CLIENT and SERVER

the contents of these directories need to be added to the CLIENT.ZIP and SERVER.ZIP in the PaqurCityCentreBETA folder.

if you have no idea what I am talking about, perhaps you might want to just download the new zip file PaqurCityCentreBETA11.zip

Comment

Nice, i will definately download this S

Comment

heres the new ingame minimap that will be distributed with the final version of the map. with this minimap all the buildings are actually visible, and not just there shadows!

Comment

does it work on sp?

Comment

not as yet, at the moment there is no way to create the single player bot navmesh. DICE have said they will be releasing it soon. but we all know what there idea of soon is!

Comment

ugh i hate soon nice map.

Comment

sweet map m8, i love it, wow i like the fire in building and textures of the buildings, really great work you have done.

Comment

I think you should be able to go as far as the edges of the map as possible, to make use of the extra buildings... I don't like the fighting zone limits or w/e.

Comment

Working...
                          X