Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound. Software or Hardware.

Hi folks
    Just wondering what option i should pick.
    In the sound options you can choose software or hardware.
    I have an A8N-SLI mobo, i do not have a sound card, i use the on-board sound.

So, i choose Software or Hardware ?

Sorry for the noob tech question.

thanks for your feedback.

C19.Val

Re: Sound. Software or Hardware.

Choose hardware...if it works leave it.

If it does not work, gives you terrible performance, or if you get audio glitches, switch to software.

Hardware is ALWAYS a better option if your audio chipset supports it. Better sound quality, positional audio, better performance (usually) etc.

Comment

thanks dude, will try tonight.

C19.Val

Comment

hardware should give better performance but in my case it didnt. have the sound set to HIGH Software was better than HIGH Hardware (which produces crackling and poping). I have an audigy 2 BTW

Now it seems ok with everything on high since i upgraded my pc...but interestingly, when i upgraded i used my old 512 of ram (until i finely replaced the RAM too) and the game ran fine on HIGH Hardware.

Comment

Thread moved to Client support forum.

Comment

Do you think an NF7-S 2.0 with onboard AC97 sound will work on hardware, I have it set on software due to someone telling me it would give better performance and I dont have a sound card yet.

Comment

General rule of thumb is Software for onboard, hardware for periferal, ie. Creative, Turtle beach.... Some onboard chips support hardware rendering and if so then use it. Talus' original response is the best bet.

Comment

Working...
              X