Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Res problem with Nvidia

Hi guys,
    I just got my new system the other day, I am coming from an Ati X800XTPE to an 7800GTX and when i load BF2 I only see 2 res setting... 800x600 and 1024x768.
    I have add this to my short cut BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024... but I can't really tell if it is running that that res or not.
    81.82 forceware
    6.667 chipset drivers
    Any ideas???
    Decan

Re: Res problem with Nvidia

I'm going to guess that it IS running at that res.

In my video options, my setting are set to 1024x768, but I use the command line option and the game runs fine at 1280x1024.

Do you have a monitor that has an info button that tells you the res and refresh rate that you are currently running?

You SHOULD be able to tell the difference between 1024x768 and 1280x1024...1280 is just so much crisper.

Why don't you try setting it to something like 1600x1200...you REALLY should be able to tell if that res is running

If it works..set it back to 1280x1024 knowing that it works.

The only thing that I can think of that could totally screw you up is if you are using an LCD monitor.

Comment

Yeah I am using an LCD, I will see if my monitor can do that, didn't even think of that thanks for that one.
      I just don't know why i can only see 2 setting in the game... I really like the omega ati drivers over nvidia :P

Comment

Thread moved to Client Support forum since this is actually related to a game issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DeCan
          Yeah I am using an LCD, I will see if my monitor can do that, didn't even think of that thanks for that one.
          I just don't know why i can only see 2 setting in the game... I really like the omega ati drivers over nvidia :P
          You only see 2 settings because you are using an LCD monitor.

Until LCD monitors become as good or better in all respects as CRT monitor, I'm avoiding them like the plague for this and MANY other reasons

Comment

Do you have a monitor that has an info button that tells you the res and refresh rate that you are currently running?

Yep that worked thats dude, I'm just not thinking at all heheh

Comment

Yes, I have such a button.

Comment

Working...
              X