Questions on ranking/weapon unlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on ranking/weapon unlocks

So i bought bf2 as soon as it came out and have dutifully logged my 2hrs a day ever since, and i've only gone up one rank and gotten one weapon unlock.

i usually place pretty high in the rankings on any game i play, usually have a 3:2 kill ratio and have an ok point score (not as high as it could be tho coz i like playing armor and urban maps, and i can't even tell you how many noobs run in front of my tank than punish me for the kill). :cry:

I generally play a mix of sniper, specOps, assault and engineer. I dislike the machine gunner and AT classes. I've "won" a few games, am always in squads, have most of the badges.

My question is: Is gaining a rank (and another weapon) purely a matter of logging hours, or is it something to do with classes? If i were playing a variety of classes, woudl that speed things up?

If anyone has any insight on to how to "level up" (coz i sure remember there were tricks in EQ!), i'd appreciate it. I want that G3!

Cheers, and see you at the front

A

Re: Questions on ranking/weapon unlocks

Originally posted by Aleksandr88
    So i bought bf2 as soon as it came out and have dutifully logged my 2hrs a day ever since, and i've only gone up one rank and gotten one weapon unlock.

i usually place pretty high in the rankings on any game i play, usually have a 3:2 kill ratio and have an ok point score (not as high as it could be tho coz i like playing armor and urban maps, and i can't even tell you how many noobs run in front of my tank than punish me for the kill). :cry:

I generally play a mix of sniper, specOps, assault and engineer. I dislike the machine gunner and AT classes. I've "won" a few games, am always in squads, have most of the badges.

My question is: Is gaining a rank (and another weapon) purely a matter of logging hours, or is it something to do with classes? If i were playing a variety of classes, woudl that speed things up?

If anyone has any insight on to how to "level up" (coz i sure remember there were tricks in EQ!), i'd appreciate it. I want that G3!

Cheers, and see you at the front

A
    the gap between unlock ranks is rough. you're looking at your first unlock at ~1050 global score, to your second at ~10,500 global score -- you can see how much of a curve that is.

there are essentially two different methods to whoring points, through teamwork points and through kill points (duh.)...

first things first, commanding is not a good way to get lots of points - ever. the no-score noobs on your team will rape your commander avg.

teamwork points: medic or support(edited, whoops) on urban maps like karkand, make it your life's work to give everyone in sight ammo bags and/or health kits. drop health kits in areas prone to grenade/arty spam, and stay around the perimeter to get dozens of revives when the spam comes down hard (and it will)...

killing: .. well... camp spawn areas with armor, LMGs or nades. medic can camp spawn disgustingly well, cause you can be flopping around like an idiot reviving your teammates as you shock paddle spawning enemies...

there isn't much to it. just think "lame" and the points will roll in :/

Comment

FACE

awesome tip about being medic, hadnt thought to do that. played USMC as a medic, died 6 times, killed 7, healed/captured/revived 30. it was a good round.

it also totally opened up that map again for me, i used to dislike playing on the marines team on that one since they normally get creamed so bad. this was great fun. running around looking for dead marines and listening for the frantic "MEDIC!!" was a totally different gaming experience.

yet another reason to love this game, just when you think you've got a map figured out, you change classes, et voila, its a new game.

cheers.

A

Comment

well..facing that unlocks are kindof useless..just unlock wat seems fun and stuff...i think the point difference is for more rank than gun

Comment

Working...
        X