Real-noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real-noob question

I really su*k about comptuers so forgive me.

I just wanted to record my in-game playing, no modifications or footages ...

I think in a BF menu section there's some files I can download but It always has an error telling I could not download it.

So just tell me all the steps in order to watch a round i've played.

Re: Real-noob question

I use Fraps to record game videos of my own play. There is only a minor perormance hit unless you are flying without the cockpit. It's amazing what you see as a spectator of your own play-style.

Comment

If you thinking about the 'Community' section where the 'Bookmarks' are...that is where you are SUPPOSED to download demos of the match you just played.

Personally, I don't think I have ever played on a server that actually had the autorecording running properly so I NEVER see anything to download there.

Supposedly, after the match is over (you can wait for the next round/map to load), hit ESC and go to the Community tab right away and try downloading.

If you wait too long, the server will overwrite your match. But usually the server admin does not have autorecording set up properly and that is why you cannot download them.

Comment

I haven't been in a server with BattleRecorder set up correctly in FOREVER. Actuall I think the last time I have was during the demo.

Comment

your right not many have autorecording on in fact i dont think ive seen a server like that

Comment

Even cooler is to record your own play on your own server or in single player mode.

Simply enter the console (~) and type in:
            demo.recorddemo [demoname]

and it starts recording.

You can play back your demo and use FRAPS to take all sorts of cinematic views of your action.

Taken from http://www.tweakguides.com
            Creating Demos: To make a custom demo of any length, you must be in Singleplayer mode, or on a server of your own creation (See Local Servers below) - you can't record your own demos on Multiplayer Internet servers. To start recording a demo, use the demo.recorddemo [demoname] command in the Command Console (See the Advanced Tweaking section). When you want to stop the demo, use the demo.stoprecording command in the console. Your demo has now been saved as a [demoname].bf2demo file in your Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Demos\ directory.

Playing Back Demos: To play back a custom-made demo in Battlerecorder, you must copy your demo into the \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos\ directory (if that directory doesn't exist, create it under the Default profile directory). Then when you go into the Battlerecorder section of BF2, you will find that the demo is listed under the 'Battlerecorder Library' area, and you can simply highlight it and play it from there. Thanks to Ryan Nichols for this tip.

Comment

Talus can you do that in any server online, or only single player?

Comment

Originally posted by Nitemare
                Talus can you do that in any server online, or only single player?
                Creating Demos: To make a custom demo of any length, you must be in Singleplayer mode, or on a server of your own creation (See Local Servers below) - you can't record your own demos on Multiplayer Internet servers. To start recording a demo, use the demo.recorddemo [demoname] command in the Command Console (See the Advanced Tweaking section). When you want to stop the demo, use the demo.stoprecording command in the console. Your demo has now been saved as a [demoname].bf2demo file in your Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Demos\ directory.

Playing Back Demos: To play back a custom-made demo in Battlerecorder, you must copy your demo into the \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos\ directory (if that directory doesn't exist, create it under the Default profile directory). Then when you go into the Battlerecorder section of BF2, you will find that the demo is listed under the 'Battlerecorder Library' area, and you can simply highlight it and play it from there. Thanks to Ryan Nichols for this tip.
                As stated in his post.

Comment

Working...
                X