My account disappeared!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My account disappeared!!!

After several weeks of playing BF2 online, my account has suddenly disappeared!

I went to play a game this evening, and instead of getting my usual default login, I got a GameSpy prompt to create a new account. After some fiddling, I was able to retrieve my existing account, but all of my settings--video, audio, keyboard/joystick assignments--are gone! How can this happen?

If that weren't bad enough, now when I select my account to play, BF2 thinks I want to delete it. What's going on?

Re: My account disappeared!!!

do you have a bf2 folder at start/mydocuments/battlefield2/profiles/0001 THis is where your information is stored. IF you use gamespy i dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by razor
      do you have a bf2 folder at start/mydocuments/battlefield2/profiles/0001 THis is where your information is stored. IF you use gamespy i dont know.
      Thanks for the info. I guess I did use GameSpy when I first started with BF2, but I don't now--I use All Seeing Eye.

It looks like something became corrupt. At least I've restored my account history. What ****es me is that all of my keyboard/mouse/joystick assignments have been trashed. I guess I need to make regular backups of them in the future.

Ooooooooh, I'm mad!!

Comment

ya i have a backup cd with all information on my computer, thats always good.

Comment

Originally posted by razor
          ya i have a backup cd with all information on my computer, thats always good.
          Yep. I'll be backing up C:\Documents and Settings\Dasharatha\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles regularly from now on. At least my game history is stored online.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out why this happened. Here are three things (or more likely the combination thereof) that may have contributed to my settings being trashed:
            • Initially setting up my BF2 account via GameSpy (though I don't use GameSpy any more to find BF2 servers)
            • Employing Yahoo's The All Seeing Eye to locate BF2 servers
            • Having removed all startup movies in order to expedite initial program load
            Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
            X