Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does is it so hard for the engineer to get points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does is it so hard for the engineer to get points?

i've recently been dabbling with the engineer class
    i've got a question

say you're trying to fix the arty/uav/radar why can you keep wrenching away for 5 minutes to fix one arty cannon and only get one point?

does one engy point equal a certain amount of hit points
    say for example you need to repair an equivalent of a certain amount of hit points in order for you to get 1 engy point?

ex. 500 hp = 1 engy point?

Re: Why does is it so hard for the engineer to get points?

ur right seem to work with your wrench for a long time and only get 1 pt they should fix that

Comment

Yes, 1 point is equal to some number of hit points.

I don't know what the exact number is, but it is equivalent to 1 whole artillery.

And, to get repair points from fixing vehicles, one of your teammates must be in the vehicle. . .that is something that confuse me for a while. Personally, I am a big fan of the dual engy in dual tanks setup. Really works very well.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. Dunno the exact total but it takes quite a bit to get a repair point unless you're sitting in a BH.

~Wolfgang

Comment

true sit in a BH and ur gonna get some points

Comment

I thought you got 1 point per 100% healing...not "hit points."

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
              I thought you got 1 point per 100% healing...not "hit points."
              No, you're correct, they just mean: How many hitpoints = a full healing? Whatever 100% of an arty repair is, there are a subsequent amount of hitpoints associated with that 100%.

Comment

Because you get a lot of teamkills with the mines.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellonet
                  Because you get a lot of punished teamkills with the mines.
                  fixed that for ya :laugh2:

Comment

Try driving around in a buggy or jeep - and just hang around the armor. You get spot repairs here and there, and before you know it you rack up on the repairs.

If your repair bar goes all the way down and is not regenning fast enough - STOP REPAIRING and move on to something else - let your stuff regen and then have at it again.

I do not find it hard to get eng pts on vehicle strong maps at all.

Comment

engineers certainly don't pick up the team points like medics and support do spamming bags around. the repair points do come slow, and one of your greatest assets in the arsenal, the AT mine, is near useless due to the caliber of the BF2 player base.

even with all that, it's still a fun class to play, especially if you are in a tank.

Comment

The best way to carry out your repairs is from inside a vehicle, no wrenching involved. You can also ride with the BH or on top of a AA vehicle or back of jeep and use your wrench. Of course use your mines around the flag you spawn at and keep one just in case you need to kill a tank or apc.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonGlock
                          The best way to carry out your repairs is from inside a vehicle, no wrenching involved. You can also ride with the BH or on top of a AA vehicle or back of jeep and use your wrench. Of course use your mines around the flag you spawn at and keep one just in case you need to kill a tank or apc.

thats mah boy!

Comment

...because the engineer class sucks. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Yellonet
                              Because you get a lot of teamkills with the mines.
                              No kidding. I gave up on engineer except when BH whoring because too many idiots run over your mines. Whether or not you get a TK is irrelevant since DICE punishes you -4 any way. It absolutely sucks. I was trying my best to get the 13 kills with explosives badge but it seemed like I was getting more tks than regular kills. Not long ago I had -12 points in about 5 mins of play from knuckleheads driving over my mines. I don't hide them around corners or at the tops of hills where you can't see them. I think what happens is that people turn off mine detection (the alt key) and don't see them.

Comment

Working...
                              X