Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a booboo need some help

Hello All

First up not posting my specs as I don't think that is the issue.
    Hope I can get some help on the following issue (and hoping it's so simple I will just hang my head in shame).

The game runs fine on my comp and has been up until now. The other day I was adjusting the video options to make it run better (mostly dropping some of the settings down) and unfortunately I decided to have a play with the window size options and left it changed accidently.

Now whenever I start the game I can get to the game i.e I hear it but because I have stuffed the sizing my monitor can't handle it and I just get a black screen viewing wise.

I've been searching around trying to find a way to change it on the comp but I am having no luck so hoping someone out there would be kind enough to help me out it would be much appreciated.

Re: Made a booboo need some help

Ok if it just the screen size (the resolution) then it is simple to fiz, without getting into the game, Find the folder that says "profiles" Its under C:\Documents and Settings\"Your Windows User"\My Documents\Battlefield 2\

After you have found this, look for the folders saying 0001 if you have mroe than one profile it bocomes sligtly harder as there will be files like 0002, 0003.. etc. If this is the case, check which one is the one you want to change, to do this look for the file that says "Profile" and check the line that says:

LocalProfile.setName "Profile Name"

Once you find the profile with the name you want.

Open it and find the file that says Video, open this and look for the line that says

VideoSettings.setResolution 1024x768@72Hz

The numbers at the end will be different than those shown above. Chane the ending of this to the desired resolution and refresh rate, for example:

VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@85Hz
    VideoSettings.setResolution 1280x920@70Hz

Or what ever you want.

Hope this fixed your problem.

Happy Gaming,
    Blak Pheonix

Comment

Possible video driver issue...... Try uninstall video drivers and reinstalling them. Do not forget to use the DriverCleaner PE found at www.drivercleaner.net

Comment

U can also do this... http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32930 , follow the 2ยบ post.

Comment

Try mine first as thats the easiest, but if the setting in there are fine, then go ahead and reinstall the drivers.

Comment

Working...
          X