Best places to hit choppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best places to hit choppers?

yah...i don't know about hitboxes an all that...but I do know that I've read several places that say shoot at the heli's from the side...because you have a bigger target...but I have to tell you...on more than one occassion I've let loose with a volley of missiles (from the jet obviously) and they have travelled through the heli and out the other side...one time, I even hit a passenger and sent him plummeting to his death...but no damage to the helo.

I aim for the windshield...cuz even if you don't kill him...pilot sees a rocket comin' in, hopefully he'll either bail, wet himself, or do a nascar evasive maneuver and clear the area.

Comment

If you're behind a mounted .50 cal and want to get rid of a Cobra, aim for the pilots. The glass part is much more sensitive to damage. Try it on an empty Cobra on the ground and compare hitting the side of it and then the cockpit. Dunno if this works on the MEC/China attack helis, haven't tried yet

Comment

It take less than one .50cal overheat cycle to kill a BH if you only hit the front wondows.

Comment

I find that if you aim for the BH miniguns, you do more damage. Anywhere else seems to do less.

Also, you kill the damned gunner

Comment

I heard through the doors...at least you can get lots of individual kills that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
              That's not a hitbox problem AFAIK, that's because the wheel is a different material than the rest of the helo and that material has a much higher damage modifier for some ammo types (for tank shells it's double, for AT missiles it's more than triple). Just as the front/side/rear/tracks of the tank are four different materials.
              That makes more sense. I kinda had the concept, but thanks for the actual details.

So to restate my earlier previosly stated statement:

It seems likely that if they're spending time tweaking materials that unrealistically represent damage on vehicles, they'd take the ten seconds to fix a screwed up material modifier that causes a black hawk to explode when the damn tire's shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Attila
                What if I said I contacted a dead Dice developer on my ouija board? What if I said I was sleeping with Lawrence Probst's wife?
                I would smile, nod my head, and slowly back away.

Comment

The KISS solution is :

M95 , shoot the pilot between the eyes !

(if the chopper is too low it won´t explode , but you´ll have more time to clean up the rest of the crew)

Comment

If you have a gunner on your tank one cannon shot + coax gun + gunner's fifty = dead chopper in about two seconds.

Comment

Working...
                    X