Hitbox, splash dmg, physics?..patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitbox, splash dmg, physics?..patch?

Will there be any changes to spalsh damage thats a joke as of late in the next patch.
    Seems so many times its impossible to hide or run around a corner without still being hit.
    Yesterday I was on the first small roof overlooking the first MEC flag in Karkland, I poke my head over pop a few shots in a guy then crawl backwards. Mind you I dont see him at all, but yet it seems just by him firing in the general area Im at Im still getting hit. No matter how much i crawled backwards. And its nto liek that is a random thing, many many times I encounter an enemy and try to dip behind a corner and still end up getting hit, very frustrating. And whats up with the massive splahs damage from nade lauchers as opposed to AT rockets?

Now with heavier guns like tank machine gun, or any mounted gun why is sooo hard to hide behind stuff? I mean sometimes no matter how much you dip and dodge as long as a person keeps firing in that area your dead. Youd think since the game was vehicle heavy this wouldnt be such a pain. How many times have you ran around a corner, duck down in an upstairs room, hid behind a stack of crates only to still be hit.

Physics, collision..I dont knwo what you call it. but the fact that its impossible to hide since parts of your body can come through a wall. Yesterday also on Karkland a guy was hiding on the other side of the fence..so I shot his feet. How did I knwo he was on the other side and how did I shoot his feet?? they were the onyl thing sticking out..through a solid fence. 2 boots and a set of ankles poking totally coming through a solid fence. You would think at this point in gaming advacement and sneaking and such being a huge part of succesfulness in BF2 that this wouldnt even be a problem.

Re: Hitbox, splash dmg, physics?..patch?

The grenades are meant for anti-personal use.
    Real M203 grenades contain lots of steel balls that becomes effective shrapnel when the grenade explodes.
    If it were to be realistic it would be far more effective than it is now...

And the Anti-tank missile is to be used against armored vehicles and thus it has a shaped charge that will make most of the explosive force go forward from the impact, that and the fact that it doesn't really produce any shrapnel makes for a very ineffective AP weapon.

Comment

About physics and collision detecting and stuff... it sucks hard.
      You can even heal people through walls.

You should really not go prone if you're near a wall as that will most likely make you visible from the outside

Comment

Originally posted by Yellonet
        You can even heal people through walls.
        Not only that, you can even enter vehicles through thin walls/objects!

As for the hitting around a corner thingy, it's got to do with bad netcode and hitboxes.

Both problems have been in the game since vanilla BF1942 was released, it's unbelievable that DICE isn't competent enough to niggle out these bugs. It's been 3 years damnit!

Comment

Originally posted by Berrern

As for the hitting around a corner thingy, it's got to do with bad netcode and hitboxes.

Both problems have been in the game since vanilla BF1942 was released, it's unbelievable that DICE isn't competent enough to niggle out these bugs. It's been 3 years damnit!
          Nice usage of the word "niggle"

Comment

Originally posted by Berrern

Some people have claimed that these issues have to do with latency and are a problem in all games but I have never seen them as pronounced as in the Battlefield 1942/BF2 games. The thing with BF is that I see this happening even on servers with very low ping. In BFV which was made by the canadians the netcode was different. I was hoping that BF2 would be similar to BFV but I was obviously wrong. In Americas Army I have never experienced problems with getting hit after I run for cover and not in CS either.

Comment

Working...
            X