Extra point for killing commander ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra point for killing commander ?

Have never found a enemy commander and killed him, but when I do, will I get extra points for the kill ?

Re: Extra point for killing commander ?

Nope, when you kill him it's just like any other guy. That might change in a patch but I doubt it.

PS> dude change ur avatar

Comment

Don't think so... but it would be a nice idea although the commanders would just have an arty strike war if you did get extra points... I often wonder why arty gets wasted on me as a commander when I'm alone somewhere when there are far more fruitful targets elsewhere on the map. Snipers and roof/spawn campers are the only time I'll really use an arty strike on an individual, or of course if there is simply no other target.

Comment

You do not get bonus pts - but you do get the bonus of seeing your kill highlighted....ooooohh....aaaahhhhh

Comment

The kill text when killing a commander is displayed differently than when killing anyone else?

Comment

No, the text is the same as killing any other soldier. And the arty war thing wouldn't work, because commanders don't get points for arty kills (unless they do that cheap resign tactic).

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
              No, the text is the same as killing any other soldier. And the arty war thing wouldn't work, because commanders don't get points for arty kills (unless they do that cheap resign tactic).

~Wolfgang
              I have never done it, as I rarely play as commander and have just found out about the trick, but I don't see how it's cheap. What I do think is cheap, however, is the fact that a commander doesn't get points for arty kills. A kill is a kill is a kill.

Comment

Commander doesnt get points for arty kills ? What ? I see commanders get the Hairstylist[artillery]StupidLoaf thing all the time........what's going on ?

Comment

I think you only get one point for a successful arty strike regardless of how many you kill. Good for getting a good Kill/Death ratio but not for getting heaps of points.

Comment

yup, you get point as a commander when you
                    A: do something that your team requested (really, really rare, cause no one ever requests anything)
                    B: the thing you do helps something (im not really sure how this works though)
                    and you get a 2x bonus if you win.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_R00ster
                      Don't think so... but it would be a nice idea although the commanders would just have an arty strike war if you did get extra points... I often wonder why arty gets wasted on me as a commander when I'm alone somewhere when there are far more fruitful targets elsewhere on the map. Snipers and roof/spawn campers are the only time I'll really use an arty strike on an individual, or of course if there is simply no other target.
                      or your whole team is always near the groups of enemy targets. Then that lone guys is the only safe shot.

I don't play commander much, but a few times i've seen 15 enemies, and 5 freidnlies. Thinking " i wish they would just kill all my teammates, i can take care of all of the enemy".

Comment

I stand corrected. Played commander this afternoon and didn't get points for arty strikes. I did when ever the team captured a flag.

Comment

phew thanks for clearing it up. Thought the Commander got heaps of point whenever he killed enemy with arty (that's why I couldn't figure out why I didn't have any points as a commander on the BF stats lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer

~Wolfgang

So that's why I see commander always resigning then just going back on.... makes sense now. BTW someone said that no-one ever requests stuff, well they do. I was commander the other day and I had requests every 5 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalSPG
                              I stand corrected. Played commander this afternoon and didn't get points for arty strikes. I did when ever the team captured a flag.
                              Didn't even get a point for killing a guy with my gun, not to mention artillery...

Comment

Working...
                              X