LCD Driver Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Driver Problems?

I just bought a new LCD Samsung SyncMaster 193 Plus with DVI output. I hooked it all up and is working great……until I tried to play BF2 I get the Battlefield 2 splash screen then black then back to windows. I had no problem on my old CRT monitor. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled my 9800 pro software, uninstalled and reinstalled my monitor driver, and uninstalled and reinstalled BF2. What should I do?

Re: LCD Driver Problems?

There are a range of commands which can be activated via the BF2 command line. You can use these commands by going to your main Battlefield 2 shortcut you use to launch the game, right-click on it and select Properties. Then in the Target box, after the "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 text, insert another space, then use any of the commands below. Each command must have a single space between it and the next command.

For example, one of the most commonly requested commands is to run BF2 in 1280x1024 resolution (or another custom resolution) - particularly for LCD displays which display the best image at their native resolution. To do this, change your command line to look like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Note the addition of the +szx and +szy commands which respectively set the width and height of the resolution to be used. Substitute other values for other resolutions (e.g. +szx 1900 +szy 1200).

Comment

Yup. Sounds like the resolution set in your profile is too high for the LCD. Use the line above or hook up your CRT again and lower the res to whatever the LCD supports. Then you can re-add the LCD.

Comment

Definitely because your game is set to run outside of your LCD's native resolution. The native resolution is most likely 1280x1024@60Hz. You should be alright following Shamus's quote and forcing the startup to run at 1280x1024.

Comment

thanks it's fixed.

attk11

Comment

Didn't u messed up with the game files.... lol. I've had that problem after a failure installing the 02 patch. Had to re-install the game.
            Also u can de-install all video/ monitor drivers and re-start the PC and wait for windows to ask u for that installation/ or re-install urself those drivers from start.

Good luck.

Comment

Uninstall the game, delete the "BF2" folder in My Documents.
              Reinstall the game, reboot, install v1.02, reboot, and play. Don't start the game at all between steps. That should help.

Comment

Working...
              X