Anybody using The All Seeing Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody using The All Seeing Eye?

ASE is just perfect because you are able to write your own filter for every parameter of the game.

which other browser allows you to create such complex filters?
    Code:
    1    if servertype != "GS" remove
    2    if gamename ~!= "battlefield2" remove
    3    if region !& "16" remove
    4    if region !& "131072" remove
    5    if country != "MY" remove
    6    if pl > "5" remove
    7    if flux > "20" remove
    8    if password == "1" remove
    9    if bf2_os != "win32" remove
    10    if bf2_anticheat != "1" remove
    11    if bf2_mapsize == "16" remove
    12    if bf2_mapsize == "64" remove
    13    if clients < "25" remove
    14    if hostname ~!= "*Karkand*" remove
    the only thing Im still missing is a "per-player" filter (names, scores, ranks, ect...)

Comment

I'm programming IFs and WHENs and FORs ALLLLLLL day long .. and If I want to play a game .. IFs filtering again !?!? .. welll not me .. I just wanna plain and simple CLICK this and that and start the game

Comment

I've been a fan of ASE for years, I've always used it for all my games. And IT IS FREE, you don't have to pay for it.
        It's just that if you pay for the full version, you can use wildcard searches for players (like searching for a clantag), and you get somehow faster scanners (but the free, public scanners are now working great, as opposed to about a year ago).

With ASE you get every little bit of info about the server settings, and you can also use LOADS of filtering options. Not only that, you can even create your own filters!

Is the server your buddies are playing on full? No problem, just double click on it from within ASE, and the program automatically starts the game and connects to the server once there's a spot open!

Check out the screenshots:
        ASE filters
        ASE server info

It's a great program, you should definitely try it out

Comment

I'm a huge ASE fan..too bad they are experiencing a bug currently that does not show the entire player list in BF2

Me and my friends have been using it for a long time now...shame that Yahoo bought it as they don't sell lifetime subscriptions anymore Greedy buggers...

Tons better than Xfire at what it does. Xfire is better for chatting..but that's about it. And since me and my friends are always on GameVoice, we have no need to chat or send in-game messages.

ASE is the best server browser around..bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by Drevor
            ASE is just perfect because you are able to write your own filter for every parameter of the game.

which other browser allows you to create such complex filters?
            Code:
            1    if servertype != "GS" remove
            2    if gamename ~!= "battlefield2" remove
            3    if region !& "16" remove
            4    if region !& "131072" remove
            5    if country != "MY" remove
            6    if pl > "5" remove
            7    if flux > "20" remove
            8    if password == "1" remove
            9    if bf2_os != "win32" remove
            10    if bf2_anticheat != "1" remove
            11    if bf2_mapsize == "16" remove
            12    if bf2_mapsize == "64" remove
            13    if clients < "25" remove
            14    if hostname ~!= "*Karkand*" remove
            the only thing Im still missing is a "per-player" filter (names, scores, ranks, ect...)
            Karkand only servers?

Comment

Originally posted by NoB33r4u
              Never heard of it!

Looks kinda cool though. Its gotta beat the vanilla bf2 mp browser.
              Good if you've got friends who play as well.

Scarlett Johansson is a freakin' goddess.

Comment

Been using ASE for about 4 or 5 years now for all online games. There's no way id pay for it though, just click the "Try for another 7 days" whenever it pops up

Comment

Originally posted by Killuminati
                  yeah i use it, used it for a long time, the only thing though is that by the time a spot opens upin a server in all seeing eye, its mostly taken by the time you get in to the game.

Its was good for all other games, but bf2, i still have to copy down the ip and type it in, in game.
                  Just go to your C:\Program files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies folder, and delete everything in there. Game starts up much faster now

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                    Karkand only servers?
                    Im neither malaysian nor playing dedicated windows Karkand server all day .. I just needed a example which people could understand

Comment

lol, any excuse

Comment

Originally posted by Killuminati
                        yeah i use it, used it for a long time, the only thing though is that by the time a spot opens upin a server in all seeing eye, its mostly taken by the time you get in to the game.

Its was good for all other games, but bf2, i still have to copy down the ip and type it in, in game.
                        I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but ASE allows you to copy and paste IPs. I don't think BF2 permits this. ASE makes it much easier (for me at least) to find servers hosting 3rd-party maps.

Also, in response to some other posts here, I agree it's a drag when you select a server via ASE and by the time BF2 gets through its startup routine, the server has filled to capacity. On one occasion though, ASE reported the server was full when I tried to connect (even though it displayed open slots), which makes me think that ASE at least does one final look-see before launching BF2.

Comment

I've been using it for years and I think its great.I pay the $15 a year and have no regrets.

Comment

I use it 2 years now
                            Its much better then all other filters...better then the ingame filter
                            Much easyer to find a server that you like
                            Like.....
                            the map/voip yes no/punish forgive yes no/how many rounds/map size etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Dasharatha
                              Also, in response to some other posts here, I agree it's a drag when you select a server via ASE and by the time BF2 gets through its startup routine, the server has filled to capacity.
                              Read 3 posts up, I posted a way to avoid this.

On one occasion though, ASE reported the server was full when I tried to connect (even though it displayed open slots), which makes me think that ASE at least does one final look-see before launching BF2.
                              Yes, the playernumber in ASE vs. BF2 works a bit differently, that's probably why. BF2 recognize you, and displays you as on the server the moment the map starts loading. If you have a fast computer, and are first in the server, you can see this when you look at your scoreboard (all players are showing, but as dead).

ASE, on the other hand, doesn't recognize a player on the server until he is IN the game (as in the map is finished loaded).

Comment

Working...
                              X