Commander bug?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander bug?!?

i havent seen many posts on this subject, and i cant believe that i am the only one experiencing it? almost every time i am commander i crash to desktop. but, this only happens when i leave commander mode, or i get killed. my screen fills w artifacts and locks. or, it crashes and reboots. i have ZERO problems w everything else in BF2 only in commander mode? has anyone else had this problem? or know how to fix it? thank you in advance for your replies!

Sin_Breed

Re: Commander bug?!?

Nope, in 2 hours 17 min as commander never had that.

Comment

i got a little over 50 hours as cmdr
      never happened to me

Comment

it may not be game releated you could have some driver issues or perhaps your trying to run the game and ya cant make base limits to play it on.. theres a whole lot of possible things that could be going wrong. i would suggest you start troubleshooting all your drivers on your system make sure there all current and up to date enough ram for the game correct graphics card or better good enough cpu etc etc.. then once all that pans out then come post back your still having game issues... people have logged hunderds of hours + in commander mode in 64 player maps hard core fighting and they dont d/c when they leave the mode and this issue hasnt been posted about.. so do a full system diagonastic first ya may find ya issue in side your computer..

Comment

old, try searching...

Either its EA's screwed up coding or its bad nvidia drivers. My BF2 used to crash (corruption & sound loop) using 77.72, I then updated to 77.77... did that fix the problem ? hell no .. When I now exit commander mode I get the blue screen of death and my hard drive powers down. I dont have the balls to update to 78.01 incase it blows up my computer.

I just dont play commander anymore. Other than that, no other problems.

Albatron 6800GT
          Athlon64 3000+
          1gig corsair pc3200 C2
          Gigabyte K8NS ultra
          120 gig wd 8mb cache

Comment

Originally posted by t_c
            old, try searching...

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=20370

Either its EA's screwed up coding or its bad nvidia drivers. My BF2 used to crash (corruption & sound loop) using 77.72, I then updated to 77.77... did that fix the problem ? hell no .. When I now exit commander mode I get the blue screen of death and my hard drive powers down. I dont have the balls to update to 78.01 incase it blows up my computer.

I just dont play commander anymore. Other than that, no other problems.

Albatron 6800GT
            Athlon64 3000+
            1gig corsair pc3200 C2
            Gigabyte K8NS ultra
            120 gig wd 8mb cache
            Don't use 78.01 go to 78.03 they seem to work really well with BF2

Comment

Originally posted by t_c
              Either its EA's screwed up coding or its bad nvidia drivers.
              EA codes now???

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
                EA codes now???

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

Comment

thank u all! i updated to 78.05, and havent crashed yet. i was hesitant to update to the new drivers, as they sometimes create even more probs. anyway.... thank you all!

Comment

I have NVidia 6800, old drivers (old as in a couple months old) - never had a crash in this game at all.

Comment

I have the same problem.I hate using beta drivers but I guess I don't have much of a choice if I want to play Commander.

Comment

Ive never had that happen to me mmmmmmmm that is weird

Comment

Ghostrun: are u using a Nvidia 6600gt? thats what i am using and had probs w/ latest, non-beta, drivers (77.7)? no probs at all w/ 78.05 for me yet!

Comment

Originally posted by StormRavn
                            LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!
                            I don't think he was joking-surely Dice do the coding?

Comment

I don't have the problem you have, but there is something wrong with the commander stuff in BF2 , when I don't play commander I can play as long as I want and My FPS stays the same.

But when I dare to be a commander my FPS sarts to drop and never comes back, even the next round when I am normal player FPS is like 10 (instead of 50) .

Started to check what the problem could be , and it seems that when I aplie for commander there comes a memory leak, and in 15 min I have about 300 to 400Mb of extra RAM usage that never comes back to normal (unless I restart the game).

Crapy code

Comment

Working...
                              X