Solution to problem/Bug: Daliant Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to problem/Bug: Daliant Plant

on Dalian Plant: as Commander for the Chinese team, when you try to artillery the american carrier it goes off to the right, into the water...

Does anyone else have this bug?

for those of you that do have this problem just set the artillery a tad left of the carrier, over the water, you should get it then

Re: Solution to problem/Bug: Daliant Plant

thanks, but i'm not cheap and I don't artillary the carrier/flag u cant capture

Comment

I had noticed this too - I'm not going mad!
      Thanks.

Comment

not a bug, everyone has this, you just need to aim in from of the carier, I think they put this in game because to many guys would arty the carier.

I know it's lame to arty the carier, but if every point is taken and the US has only there carier left, well, drop the ARTY on the dam carier, and sometimes doing lame things is just twice the fun

Comment

The algorithm for auto-aiming the arty guns could be off as well as that's a pretty good distance from the arty guns. Maybe someone could test this by firing at different ranges away to see where they hit.

Comment

it happens with any aircraft carrier map, gulf of oman and even wetlands i think

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
              The algorithm for auto-aiming the arty guns could be off as well as that's a pretty good distance from the arty guns. Maybe someone could test this by firing at different ranges away to see where they hit.
              I think you've just figured it out!

I was watching the arty fall on a flag the other day, and noticed that it was coming in at an angle. I was impressed that the shells were actually travelling a parabolic path, not just going straight up at one point, then straight down at another.

Since the carrier deck is elevated, and the distance from the artillery guns so large, this could explain what's going on.

Good thinking Jesse!

Comment

uh no, thats not it, notice if you artillery farther away in another location on land, it is 100% accurate

and on all other maps i can artillery carrier just fine, its just dalian plant for me

Comment

Just aim about 5~10 meters left of the carrier, you'll know exactly where to put it after a couple of attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWatcher
                    uh no, thats not it, notice if you artillery farther away in another location on land, it is 100% accurate
                    True, but the carrier is not land. I believe we are dealing with a special case and/or bug here.

Comment

It happens on all carriers to me.....

Comment

I had noticed this before on Dalian Plant. I would always just laugh and say something to myself like, "What an idiot, he's dropping arty on the water." Well now I know better.

Comment

Working...
                        X