Ledgeclimbing in a Battlefield game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ledgeclimbing in a Battlefield game?

Ok i will be honest: I have come from a game that had this feature in (Q3:UrT)

so no cries of "go play a game with that" or "you want to turn BF2 in to [insert game here]"...this is passing on one little used but very good idea to another good game.

Ledgeclimbing is the ability to grab hold of any ledge in front of yourself and pull yourself up. This can be a box, or a roof in front of you etc.

The benefit is that you can access so many more positions that are "just out of reach"....not only that, but you can catch ledges that are just cruelly out of jumping rage.

I dont think it would be a particularly gamebreaking feature for BF2, in fact i cant really see a drawback (you can always make ledges un-climbable if you really want). Most of the map can be accessed anyway by parachute / chopper.

It would allow you to get into some cool positions on many maps though, espeically sniper spots.

what do you think?

Re: Ledgeclimbing in a Battlefield game?

That's why BF2:SF is coming out :-D But like no games have ledge climbing and it's for a reason, and the reason is that you can glitch out really easily with a feature as that -_-

Comment

it wouldn't be a terrible idea but it's already hard enough to get past the snipers in BF2 i think that would only encourage more lone wolf snipers to stay perched on some roof somewhere while 25% of the team is actually trying to cap flags and hold them

so basically it could be good or bad at the same time but it's worth a look into

Comment

Go play Q3....sorry...I just had to.

Comment

Working...
        X