Bombing with jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombing with jets

I practiced quite a bit in single player, and dont really have any problems flying the jets and dogfighting (tho im not great at it) is pretty easy to comprehend. what my biggest problem is.. is figureing out the timing when bombing.

when you switch to bombs, the targeting switches to the "T" and lining up what i want to bomb i can do. when do you drop the bombs tho. ive done a bit of experimenting and it almost seems im always early or late.

is there a good altitude to aim for? when the target gets about half way down the vertical bar on the "T" should i drop the bombs? id have to imagine that depends on altitude and speed?

any help would be good

Thanks

Re: Bombing with jets
    ya altitude and speed matters...but the best way to be almost sure to hit your 2bombs at the same place is to make a small descending arc toward the target after you droped the fisrt bomb...you must be the bomb, feel it, and be the gravity. then all i should say is practice and practice and practice until you feel the game physics. rest is my secret.

Comment

There is a way to do it without having to dive at your target, and I am trying to nail that down how to be more precise.

You can judge it by that T, and your speed, and alt.

Early on I could have sworn there was an indicator with that line as to when I knew I was lined up, but the other night when I started flying again that obvious thing I thought I had found was gone.

I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the way I used to be able to bomb targets.

I plan to experiment more. I have been spending all my time in choppers, now improving my plane flying skills and I am doing pretty decent. Just need to get the bombs down pat and I will be a flying force to be reconned with.

Comment

yeah i was not talking about vertical diving but i must say vertical diving is usefull to drop bombs on a friendly flag taken by ennemy and be sure to see you teamate near them since the distance view bifeore seeing a friendly is horizontal. (same for flag) not usefull when u dont know where the ennemy is.

Comment

Working...
        X