Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are there any JET pilots here who don't use a stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are there any JET pilots here who don't use a stick?

if so, could you PLEASE post your mouse sensitivity and pitch/yaw settings?

this is the only vehicle in the game that i have used for less than 30 minutes and although i know i'm not going to be the best pilot, i am looking forward to at least getting the skills that would make me last the entire round in a jet and/or get a few ground kills as well as perhaps shooting down another jet or two.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS A KB VS. JOYSTICK THREAD! I ALREADY KNOW JOYSTICK FLYERS HAVE AN ADVANTAGE AND I DO +++NOT+++ WANT TO GET ONE!

i know there are a few kb flyers here... share your tips!

Re: are there any JET pilots here who don't use a stick?

I use a mouse and KB. My settings for sensitivity are at 10 the pitch and yaw are at default. Thats for both helicopter and jets. Also invert mouse. Long before BF42 came out i started flying on the flight simulators and IL-2. I practice a lot on a empty server trying to get better. I mainly use the SU-30 and SU-34 for bombing. Only downside to that is its heavy and cant manuver as well as a fighter that is chasing me. Just practice a lot but me ive been doing it last 3-4 years or more. Never had a joystick never will. dont have a use for it.

Comment

i use keyboard only...for heli and planes arrows for rolling maw heli heheh and wasd for turning spinning... its the controls i have been using since DC and i find i can pull off very good maneaouvers and do complex moves...little adjustments are also very easy...ground strafing is a charm whith just the keyboard

Comment

i fly with keyboard and fire weapons with a mouse
        usually f15 on operation clean sweep
        forget about dogfighting with a keyboard though but bombing is easy

Comment

how about using some sort of ps2 controller (logitech dual action control something)? i shouldn't have come to work today... could've tested all of these... :/

Comment

keyboard only, i never got used to the kb+mouse combo. As DezemoDova said bombing is quite easy with kb but dogfights become harder, if you use the missiles then its not much of a problem, just get it inside the circle. If you like using the gun then try to predict the movements of the other plane, its hard at first but you'll get use to it with enough prac and in the end it works just as good as kb+mouse.

Comment

I use mouse and keyboard to fly jets, i can last whole rounds fairly easily especially in a stolen enemy plane that gives my extra incentive

I use (for planes) after much testing and adjusting:

Sensitivity: 5.10
              Pitch: 2
              Yaw: 2

This works well for me, obviously its all personal preference but you definatly need to get the sensitivity quite high IMHO. I can Dogfight, do tricks and stunts, and often use the vulcan cannon for tight strafing runs. In short i am one of those people that see no reason why you can't be as good as any joystick user while flying, its all down to your own preference and skill dont let anyone tell you otherwise

In my defense i have a good joystick/throttle combo but still choose to use the mouse and keyboard, as i find it easier and its certainly more practicle for fast vehicle swopping, or spotting while flying. I can even type short messages fairly well (one handed) while coasting :laugh: try doing that with a joystick

*Disclaimer* dont read any arrogance into this post please, there are of course many better pilots then me out there, on joysticks and mouse/keyboard. My examples were merely to show that there is nothing you can do on a keyboard that can't be done with a mouse/keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by Teaves
                In short i am one of those people that see no reason why you can't be as good as any joystick user while flying, its all down to your own preference and skill dont let anyone tell you otherwise
                thanks.

i want to be a competent jet pilot. bragging aside, i'm in the top 25 in helos and it sometimes suck when i keep getting shot down by jets 'cos no one on my team is flying our jets.

Comment

ive tried the mouse but i jus cant get the hang oof it...i have to move my mouse a lot even with the sens turned up...and it got quite annoying so i stuck to kb where i could move easily without needing to shove my hand around...just my fingers....space bar for missiles/maching gun etc hehe

bombing is quite easy and ill admit against joystickers dogfighting is very hard...i like to think that shooting ppl down with cannons using bomb mode kinda tries to make up for it...i like to get the element of suprise hehe

Comment

Been a mouse and keyboard user since the BF42 demo, I'd never have it any other way. I can perform all the moves that anyone else can so I see no point in getting a JS.

Comment

I use the mouse and keyboard. Can somebody tell me what pitch and yaw actually do as I've increased them both to full and they didn't seem to do anything?

If one of them increases sensitivity when pulling up it would be useful as no matter how much I increase the sensitivity of the mouse when flying it only seems to be more sensitive to rolls and not loops.

Comment

I use mouse and keyborad and have everything all the way up

Comment

Working...
                        X