Screen corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen corruption

I'm using an X800 PRO with Catalyst 5.9 drivers, no overclocking of GPU or CPU. I get lots of small random black dots appearing on the screen in the game. Also get in other games (Doom 3, Battlefront, etc).

Any ideas?

Re: Screen corruption

sounds like it may be getting hot

Comment

It's fine in other games!

Why should it be that hot if it's not overclocked and why doesn't it do it in Windows?

Someone mentioned something about disabling FAST AGP writeback but I couldn't seem to switch it off...

Comment

Originally posted by dab79
        I'm using an X800 PRO with Catalyst 5.9 drivers, no overclocking of GPU or CPU. I get lots of small random black dots appearing on the screen in the game. Also get in other games (Doom 3, Battlefront, etc).

Any ideas?
        If its only happening in 3d applications (games) then its heat or driver related, i would firstly switch to the latest catalyst driver set & take the side off ya case & make sure your videocard fan is functioning, if it is then try running your rig without the side panel on & see if you still get the dots, if you do then it aint heat.

However the symptoms you speak of are classic indicators of too high an overclock or card overheating.

Comment

CPU clock and memory are standard speeds. The GPU is reporting 52 degrees, is that normal?

Comment

GPU temp is good, try the no side panel test to make sure it aint heat related period, then you need to go down other avenues such as chipset drivers & soundcard.

Get a GPU reading on temps as soon as you exit a game, i think you'll find it's higher than 52c, 52c is probably your idle temp.

Comment

I would revert back to the 5.8 drivers to see if it goes away.

Comment

It was AA.

Switch it off and the corruption goes away. I think it has something to do with the way ATI works with AA. You can define how the application uses AA or let the catalyst drivers do it for you.

Comment

Yes, with BF2, you want to set the Card to Application Preference then enable AA from within the Game.

Comment

Working...
                  X