Connect to IP and Joining LAN's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect to IP and Joining LAN's

Hey its me again and if you followed the "LAN" thread i figured out how to strat the gam ewith my LAN enabled, for some reason it just takes a really long time if the LAN is enabled and its not connected to the internet. Now i have a question, or two . First is that I created a singleplayer server with the WCC Coop and i saw my ip address when i started up the game, however when i wnet to my brothers computer which is on the LAN, in the "Join Local" section the server did not come up, possibly just because it is a singleplayer server, anyways when he tried to use the connect to IP the mouse would go over the button but when you cliicked on the button absolutley nothing happenend. Is there supposed to be a box where you can enter an IP? Then in spite of this my brother created a LAN game and i quit my singleplayer sevrer and went to the browser in "Join Local" and saw his server, however when i clicked join it would say "Joining Server" for a littlebit and then i think i saw a box that said "Updating server list" for like .20 seconds and then it would disappear and i would be back at the "Join Local" screen. Whether or not this helps in you expertise troubleshooting to help me, he was connected to the iternet directly, and i was not connected to the internet at all.
    So my questions are- "How can i enter my IP if a box doesn't show up when i click 'Connect to IP'?" Am i supposed to type it somewhere i ain't seeing? Is there a command that i can enter via console to connect to a specific IP? also why is the joining server function not working and i cannot join the sevrer?

Re: Connect to IP and Joining LAN's

Dito, I'm having the same issue, I think the latest 1.41 patch disabled that feature. I've been looking all over for a solution as well. Looks like EA is trying to crack down on people joining lan servers across the internet. Its kinda stupid because I am trying to run a Dedicated Airmaps server on LAN, and the latest version of airmaps has issues with broadcasting, and the only way to join is by IP.

I dont get it.

Comment

Re: Connect to IP and Joining LAN's

Download Hamachi [google it].

It creates a network for you and your friends and shows the server on Local tab. I use it Works like a charm too.

Comment

Working...
      X