This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game sucks.

Finally got my system to run it at 40-90fps...

And then it will give me an Unmodified content error 95% of the time, despite the fixes and reinstalls I have tried. Even updated Punkbuster (The worst program on earth) and it still has problems. Sometimes it will just CTD with no warning. I will never buy another EA product as long as I live after this experience. I seriously believe that they got about 100 monkeys in a room and took 4 years to create the game, which would explain how horrible it is. Don't get me wrong, when it works its fun, but that is very rare. Not only that, but the dolts take over 3 months to fix the problem, and no doubt 1.03 will do something stupid like erase the Windows XP Kernel or something when its installed.

My official ranking: Two thumbs down.

Re: This game sucks.

My guess is that there is something wrong with your PC, software or hardware that is causing you to have so many problems. As you are definately in the minority when it comes to this level of problems.

I am a bit confused as to whether you are asking for assistance or just venting about never buying another EA product again?

For starters On board sound cards suck and you are not the first person with onboard sound to have problems.

Comment

I'd say the problem is with the user.

Comment

I agree on it being a problem with a amateur user, that's a well know issue, no patch for that yet.

But I heard 1.03 could fix it by erasing their kernels.

Right...

Comment

Originally posted by SaUrOn
          I agree on it being a problem with a amateur user, that's a well know issue, no patch for that yet.

But I heard 1.03 could fix it by erasing their kernels.

Right...
          I think the patch is called format c:

Comment

Yeah guys, thats right, its the user!

Thats why there are thousands of people complaining. I got it to work again after fixing the registry and installing the patch 10 times. Which further illustrates my point: This game was horribly made.

PS: Its a vent thread.

PPS: The onboard sound has nothing to do with crappy programming. I think you should get the point when EA Admits that their programmers misspelled 1.02 on the patch as "1.01".

Comment

Dethred, your specs aer easily better than mine and I enjoy nice smooth gameplay. Something must be up with your PC, did you change any hardware recently? Try a reinstall of windows to rule that out. BTW I do agree with the room full of monkeys comment, my little sister could have done a better job of testing the original release .

Comment

LOL i love how some noob blames the game for his own incompitance. And if its not his fault, then it most certainly is his piece of s h i t hardware he is working with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred

Thats why there are thousands of people complaining. I got it to work again after fixing the registry and installing the patch 10 times. Which further illustrates my point: This game was horribly made.
                  Like most people, I just installed the Game/Patch 1.02 and started playing without problems. There are a couple clitches/bugs, but over all the game plays just fine IMO, soo long as your Hardware meets atleast the Minimum requirements. However meeting the minimum requirements doesn't mean you can play on all High settings.

I'm mearly padding my post count here, cause this thread is tired.

T

Comment

Originally posted by TeKnO_CaLiTY
                    LOL i love how some noob blames the game for his own incompitance. And if its not his fault, then it most certainly is his piece of s h i t hardware he is working with.
                    I love how someone that has only 4X posts thinks that someone he knows nothing about is a "noob". But yeah, hardware that lets me play the game with ~80-90fps in 20 player maps and 50-80 on 64 player maps on all high settings is crap hardware. You're a certified idiot.

For those who have a brain unlike the person I replied to above...

Its on a fresh install of windows (BF2 screwed up before the new hardware and windows install also), thousands of others have the same problem. There are tons of threads about it. The game is seriously flawed as a result of poor programming for the patch. Most reviews I have read discuss how the game has poor coding, hence the massive system requirements for so little. Just read the client support forum and tell me this game isn't seriously flawed. After I get the "unmodified content" error to go away it lasts a few days, then the error comes back. Maybe the next patch, which is supposed to fix the last patch which was supposed to fix the last patch, which was supposed to fix the bloody game, will create a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred
                      Finally got my system to run it at 40-90fps...

And then it will give me an Unmodified content error 95% of the time, despite the fixes and reinstalls I have tried. Even updated Punkbuster (The worst program on earth) and it still has problems. Sometimes it will just CTD with no warning. I will never buy another EA product as long as I live after this experience. I seriously believe that they got about 100 monkeys in a room and took 4 years to create the game, which would explain how horrible it is. Don't get me wrong, when it works its fun, but that is very rare. Not only that, but the dolts take over 3 months to fix the problem, and no doubt 1.03 will do something stupid like erase the Windows XP Kernel or something when its installed.

My official ranking: Two thumbs down.

Yep thats why i got rid of bf2 and now waiting for dod source to be released. EA ****s up again with bF2.

Comment

search for the guide for reinstalling their is about 20 steps to get it to work right!

Comment

I have an 9800pro and a 2.5 barton mobile, 1gb , and my game runs smooth :evil: . Ultra high all less 2 things in medium :laugh: , aa x 4, so something in your configuration is wrong.

bye!!

Comment

I got it to work right when i took all 3 cd's of BF2 and broke em in half.

Comment

Originally posted by -=RoCk$t@R=-
                              I have an 9800pro and a 2.5 barton mobile, 1gb , and my game runs smooth :evil: . Ultra high all less 2 things in medium :laugh: , aa x 4, so something in your configuration is wrong.

bye!!
                              You don't play on Ultra High settings (except 2 things on medium) and 4x AA with a 9800 Pro, I don't know who you think your kidding.

And what a waste of money, why would you break the discs?

Comment

Working...
                              X