Ram Compatibility!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Compatibility!

I just checked out Corsair's memory configurator for my HP Pavillion a800n in hopes of finding a 1gb stick (2 dimm slots on my mobo) and found: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...cegrabbermerch
    I figured the price was a bit high for a gig of pc2700 and was wondering if a stick of valueram would work:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220030
    Anyone know? Thanks in advance

Re: Ram Compatibility!

Buy the $139 stick, first it is not THAT much more and secondly you get what you pay for. Dont be cheap on RAM, you'll regret it.

Comment

Yea, but I'm thinking HP/Corsair is trying to rip me off by stating that the only ram that would work on my PC is the one priced at $140.

Comment

bump, anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Mutrino
          Buy the $139 stick, first it is not THAT much more and secondly you get what you pay for. Dont be cheap on RAM, you'll regret it.
          I wholeheartedly agree!

Originally posted by Rallica
          Yea, but I'm thinking HP/Corsair is trying to rip me off by stating that the only ram that would work on my PC is the one priced at $140.
          Why would you think that way??
          Corsairs reputation is built on product performance, reliability, value for money, experience, development of products, after purchase support, etc, etc,
          If there reputation was anything but kosher then they would not be world leaders for RAM!
          All the rest are playing catch up.

Nope I don't work for Corsair!

Comment

Well, I didn't mean to criticize Corsair, just wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction. Aren't both sticks of ram compatible with my PC?

Comment

Working...
            X