Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXCESSIVELY long verification time

Hey guys-

Yeah, I know there are a bunch of guys bitchin' about how long it takes to verify, but trust me, they ain't got NUTHIN' on me!

First, here's my specs:

Cable Wi-Fi connection, 802.11g NetGear (I miss linksys...) 24-36 Mbps
    1 Gig RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600, 256 RAM, latest Catalyst drivers
    1.99 GHZ processor

This is not too bad of a system. Yeah, not Alienware KILL YOURSELF IT'S SO F*ING GOD-LIKE quality, but it's not too poor.

Anyways, here's my problem now: It takes approximately 1:30 minutes to load the map. Yay. But when I get to the verification period, it takes no less than 8 minutes of pure boredom. What does that mean ladies and (more probably) gentlemen???? IT MEANS THAT IT TAKES ME 10 MINUTES OR MOOOORE TO CONNECT TO A SERVER!

Does ANYONE have a solution or an inquiry about my system specs? PLEASE, I BEG YOU, HELP ME OUT HERE!

Re: EXCESSIVELY long verification time

Originally posted by KC.JADE
    Hey guys-

Yeah, I know there are a bunch of guys bitchin' about how long it takes to verify, but trust me, they ain't got NUTHIN' on me!

First, here's my specs:

Cable Wi-Fi connection, 802.11g NetGear (I miss linksys...) 24-36 Mbps
    1 Gig RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600, 256 RAM, latest Catalyst drivers
    1.99 GHZ processor

This is not too bad of a system. Yeah, not Alienware KILL YOURSELF IT'S SO F*ING GOD-LIKE quality, but it's not too poor.

Anyways, here's my problem now: It takes approximately 1:30 minutes to load the map. Yay. But when I get to the verification period, it takes no less than 8 minutes of pure boredom. What does that mean ladies and (more probably) gentlemen???? IT MEANS THAT IT TAKES ME 10 MINUTES OR MOOOORE TO CONNECT TO A SERVER!

Does ANYONE have a solution or an inquiry about my system specs? PLEASE, I BEG YOU, HELP ME OUT HERE!
    First: consider upgrading your videocard.

questions:

What are the specs on your harddrive(s)?
    What exact processor do you have?
    What is your RAM speed?
    Single or dual channel RAM?

be a little more specific about your system.

My map load and verification times are < 30 secs with X800 XL radeon, 2 Gb RAM, 3.0 GHz@3.2GHz

Comment

2 gigs of ram will realy realy help.

Comment

AFEDSLAYER

Aight well I can't upgrade my RAM anymore, only got 2 slots in my system box and I just shelled out $100 bucks to upgrade to a gig, so basically I'd have to throw these two away, then buy two new 1 gig cards. Not gonna happen

Mutrino

1. My system harddrive is 60 gig, almost no fragmentation. My second one, which has BF2 installed, is 190 gig, no fragmentation either. System has 20 gig open, second has 140 open.

2. Um... not sure about my processor. I only know (looking at System Information) Pentium 4 CPU 2.00 GHZ.

3. Not sure...

4. Also not sure...

Comment

Edit Fluffed it up

You have probably spent a lot of time setting and resetting your vid card in game settings which will load a lot of files into your "cache" file do the following in green in this link and get back with the results plz http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16424

Comment

"Cable Wi-Fi connection, 802.11g NetGear (I miss linksys...) 24-36 Mbps"
            If you are gaming wirelessly, I would suggest trying with a direct cable to the router.

Comment

Working...
            X