The Bunnyhop should be corrected!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bunnyhop should be corrected!!

Assuming that the reason BF2 is a great game because it is so realistic....to be able to bunny hop to avoid bullets is ridiculous and REALLY needs to be corrected. In real life, if someone was shooting at you, your first reaction is not to jump up and down directly in front of the shooter. I believe (now I'm just spitballing here) that this would get you BLOWN AWAY!! I'm sure most of the veterans have even seen the ranked servers that will actually kick you for doing this. That's gotta tell tell you something. Just a thought.

Re: The Bunnyhop should be corrected!!

I have never seen a ranked server that kicks you for Bunny Hopping

Comment

yup there are I've been on a couple. Some servers kick for random stuff like tank or grenade whoring.

Comment

You cant get ride of bunny hopping..in everygame you see bunnyhopping ..you know?

Comment

If you are one of those complainers that can't hit a bunny hopper then you are the only person you can blame. Heres a tip. When they jump don't follow them upwards with your aim. Keep it about head/chest hieght and just shoot thier feet which quickly turns their body/head/chest again.

Comment

i think they can fix bunny hopping by one u jump once,you have too walk for a while...Anyone agree?

Comment

No, makes jumping from building to building slow and unrealistic. No to mention if you are trying to jump over something or up something and you miss the first time, you have to wait before trying again. Lame.

Comment

hmm never thought of that

Comment

Well for you bunnyhoppers out there, this isn't a matter of something I can't defend against. It's worked for me too. Plus I always play assault and average about 36-48 points per round, so I've learned to counter it with my grenade launcher, with a small delay for maximum impact upon the decent. I don't think it's cheating...just unrealistic. Come on. Somebody is going to tell me that if you did that in the REAL WORLD, you wouldn't get your head blown off?! Show me what military training teaches that!
                  Imagine if for some reason you could roll the helicopter in circles and avoid all missiles. Someone would inevitably defend this as a great idea. I, as a programmer, know this as simply "how the code is played out".
                  I don't know the solution, but I don't remember being able to get away with it in Doom, Half-life, or other FPS, but then again I've never tried it in those.
                  PS - I agree about the ability to building hop....dont' know...hope the techs are listening...

Comment

Simple - you shouldn't be able to shoot while you jump,
                    or jump too many times without resting.

Comment

Not a bad idea!! It certainly would imitate reality a little better. Quite possibly an extra half second delay as well. The same AGRONIZING, albiet realistic...delay I have because my guy doesn't reload my launcher while at a full sprint...hey it sucks, but it's fair. I can live with that.

Comment

Want realism? go to frigging Afghanistan or Irak..

This game ISN'T realistic, and don't let anyone tell you differently..

And yes, I bunnyhop when the situation dictates, and no, it is not an invulnerability 'cheat', the people who deal with it and learn how to counter it get me as much as I can get them.. only the people who spend their time whining about it more don't have a clue what hit them..

when the patch comes, I'm sure all the whining will come down to a major nerfage of many features, maybe including the bunnyhopping.

And guess what, I won't cry about it, I'll try and get used to the new situation and relearn what I need to know in order to survive. Alternatively, if the crybabys got their way and got the gameplay nerfed into unplayableness, there's allways more games on the horizon..

*edit* thread is in the wrong forum btw..

Comment

Jesus ****ing Christ. I'm sitting here, stranded in Houston/Galveston in the middle of ****ing hurricane Rita conveying some casual thoughts and I'm Whining?! I'm a...what was it...crybaby? So it IS true....smart people talk about ideas and the future, average people talk about current events, and stupid people...talk about other people. I only started reading these forums in the last couple of days, particularly since I'm locked into the house, and some of the comments that go back and forth for no reason are horrible. I need the adult threads...I must've taken a wrong turn.

Comment

If you're so smart, you would've first read through the forum, then you might have taken the clue that there are allready a gazzillion threads especially about this topic.. all saying nothing except 'wheeee! I've been shot by someone who knows to use the game's mechanics to his advantage! *cry* *whine* *rant*

You're allready wrong thinking BF2 is realistic.. it's not! it's an arcade game based on reality, BIG difference.

If it would be 'realistic' you'd have animations for boarding vehicles, you'd need resources, and not just a spanner to repair stuff, sniper rifles would be 1 shot kill, and nobody would have a parachute except a 'pilot' kit. And that's just naming a couple examples of the top of my head, there's as many things setting BF2 apart from 'realism' as there's threads about bunnyhopping..

Comment

Originally posted by DanOfEarth
                              Assuming that the reason BF2 is a great game because it is so realistic....
                              See, here is where you go wrong.

BF2 is great because it's action packed. Realism sucks, especially for war-themed games.

Comment

Working...
                              X