A message from the US intervention team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message from the US intervention team

Just throwing out a notice to all, thank you for reading.

A member of the team "Speedfire" has left the USI team and has threatened to leak our build. If you should come by this Beta, please do not download, as it includes copyrighted material. There will be be consequences for such actions.

Thank you,

-The USI Team

Re: A message from the US intervention team

you got it man, wouldnt want to play anything but the full version anyway : )

Comment

Well actually, we could download it as it's only intellectual copyright, aslong as we don't go about selling it. Or using your source code to make our own mods.

Comment

I wouldnt download it anyway. He might of modified it with a key logger or virus or even a trojan.

Comment

i dont get it what is it about?

Comment

@ Super Six Three: Speedfire was obviously a member of USI team.
            he has left, and is threatening to release what they have made so far.
            Don't download it.

man, this is bad, what an *******. I hope if he posts anything on TBF2 (or anywhere else) that he is banned and the post deleted quickly.

Comment

why would he threaten it to release what they had so far?

Comment

More than likely he probably left the team on bad terms and wants to get back at them, for whatever reason, by releasing the beta. Hope you guys can get everything resolved. :/

Comment

Wow. Speeds a moron. Shouldn't let immature guys like Speedfire into mod groups. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by ledbythereaper
                    Well actually, we could download it as it's only intellectual copyright, aslong as we don't go about selling it. Or using your source code to make our own mods.

You could not be more wrong. First, "intellectual copyright" is totally the wrong term. What you're looking for is "intellectual property," and a "copyright" is one type of intellectual property protection.

Second, whether you sell it or not, or make your own mods, has nothing to do with it. You violate the holder's rights by using the property without permission. By analogy, if I take your computer without your permission I'm still stealing it, even if I don't sell it to someone else.

In short, you don't have the right to download someone else's stuff without their consent, even if all you do is run it on your own PC and go "whee!"

Comment

Hey don't worry man, not even interested in your mod.

Comment

Ok, any ideas when the mod will be finished? Speed's a right ******* hey?

Comment

*READ THIS*

Hes doing it because HE BELIEVED icemagician (lead coder) of the USI mod team was using multiple accounts to spam/post nudity/flame/etc at the Desert Conflict forums and Speed told me he already HATES him for his immaturity. I agree ice should have immediatly been kicked off the team if he did it for sure but they didn't because hes a good coder. Therefore speed left the team because he didn't want to be around a DEV that he believed to be immature.

Im not saying that its a good thing to blackmail the mod because of this, but its his reasoning I would assume.

Comment

9/23/2005 8:55:17 PM Icemagician296 Guedoe, SloppyJo, slayerdarkcross@netscape.net (E-mail Address Not Verified), Shawn aka Doorstop[ Desert Conflict DEV] Why does this relate to me?

9/23/2005 8:55:29 PM Shawn aka Doorstop[ Desert Conflict DEV] Guedoe, SloppyJo, slayerdarkcross@netscape.net (E-mail Address Not Verified), Icemagician296 I'm not saying those were you.. who ever it was .. was using a proxy

The guy who did it had the ip from Germany. Mr. Solodude here is just sore cause he's buddy Speedfire threatened us and got the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by icemagician296
                              9/23/2005 8:55:17 PM Icemagician296 Guedoe, SloppyJo, slayerdarkcross@netscape.net (E-mail Address Not Verified), Shawn aka Doorstop[ Desert Conflict DEV] Why does this relate to me?

9/23/2005 8:55:29 PM Shawn aka Doorstop[ Desert Conflict DEV] Guedoe, SloppyJo, slayerdarkcross@netscape.net (E-mail Address Not Verified), Icemagician296 I'm not saying those were you.. who ever it was .. was using a proxy

The guy who did it had the ip from Germany. Mr. Solodude here is just sore cause he's buddy Speedfire threatened us and got the boot.
                              Hope you get kicked off the team. I would DL the beta and screw around with it for sh!ts and giggles

Comment

Working...
                              X